Any word on Revalver 4 release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver LFOTool

blueman wrote:
hibidy wrote:Here is my sucky guitar playing (I'm getting even worse, gotta be the meds) and two clips. No mystery, the first is the TSE, the second is R4. I hate both to be honest with you and the 6505 is not even close to being my fav of these amps, but there it is. I have no idea how that one dude got those tones, but it's not what I hear :evil:

https://app.box.com/s/xsfinjs1p8ncyreo1x89
Playing sounds great (to me)...TSE, in this clip, is the clear winner though. Hmmm :?
I also think the playing is fine....and also prefer the tone of the first part of the clip (might just be hearing them in isolation rather than as part of a mix), but I could see the tone of R4 being useful too.

A3ntar wrote:
BBFG# wrote:I decided to un-install the demo because of this. I also deleted the associated registry keys.
And on reboot, the keyboard could no longer 'be found'.
After reading that last comment, I'm assuming because it licensed itself to the keyboard?
Would have been nice to know all this up front.
Like the product, was ready to buy, and then this stopped me cold.
I know they think they have their reasons, but it's a non-sequitur for me.

(BTW, I had to reset the CMOS to start finding the keyboard again.)
??

Probably because you deleted something you should not have in the registry.

R4 does NOT write to the USB device anything at all. It just uses it's fingerprint to license your software just as much as most other protections use a combination of HDD serial number, Windows serial number, etc...

And it is YOU that chose to license the USB device and which one it is. R4 does not automatically chose a USB device for you.
The only thing I deleted was the registry key labeled Peavey Revalver 4.
And the problem occurred on rebooting after doing only that.

I made NO choice that I knew about during install and not sure how it chose it otherwise.
I didn't know about it during install and only decided to uninstall after learning it would require it.
I really assumed at that time that there was no such license for the demo and I'm only reporting what happened, after uninstalling it and nothing else.
NWTT

Jacare wrote:
dwozzle wrote:Anybody know if you can have 3.5 and 4 installed at the same time?
I know. You can. You can even run III.V inside 4, since it is also a VST and 4 has a VST loader.
You can run III.V inside 4, inside III.V, inside 4, inside...wait...wtf?! hold on!#$@&* Ahhhhhh :o :scared: :party: :borg: :clap:

strato rules wrote:what you guys think?

voxac30
https://soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/s ... odevil-vtp
Very nice! How much is Nebula and SD VTP adding to/changing the tone? Would be good to hear a comparison with Revalver's cab and fx. In any case, the Vox sound is achieved here 8)

blueman wrote:
hibidy wrote:Here is my sucky guitar playing (I'm getting even worse, gotta be the meds) and two clips. No mystery, the first is the TSE, the second is R4. I hate both to be honest with you and the 6505 is not even close to being my fav of these amps, but there it is. I have no idea how that one dude got those tones, but it's not what I hear :evil:

https://app.box.com/s/xsfinjs1p8ncyreo1x89
Playing sounds great (to me)...TSE, in this clip, is the clear winner though. Hmmm :?
Lolz. I wonder if my cans interpret things very differently for me (or maybe my soundcard)

I can't believe that it's the "clear" winner. It sounds icky to me. Fizzy, and has no body AND I don't like the tone in a mix. Oh well........hibidy island is closed for maintenance :hihi:

Hmm. TSE is the clear winner here. No question about it.

That said, glad to hear R4 has no fizz that R3 had. But TSE is still better. :)

Well, in that viddy, yeah. But I think that with minimal effort the top end could be added. I can't get that tone out of x50. I'd love to know how to do that!

I think it's as much the guitar as it's the player, as well. Adds to it. Thicker pick, harder picking, can add some grit in the top end. But before that, it would be the IRs used.

Too complex for me.........watching this tonight..........can't play a lick of it......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... _5mMWx2F2c

DAT VERB!

OK so i have a few feature requests for R4 (excluding MOAR GEAR, that's a given).

1) (already mentioned) an option to hide the gear you don't own. that includes cabinets as well as modules.
2) recorder! both input and output, even single-track would be great.
3) more convenient way to use two mikes (current approach with a splitter and two RIR2's is very clunky)
4) phase adjustment and panning on RIR2 (again, can somewhat be done with a splitter, but it's clunky)
5) some tweaking tips... seriously, not all of us are electrical engineers!

also, i think i found a bug, or at least something is not right. i open AC30 for tweaking, change an output tube to another one, Revalver complains about not having gain and that bias might not be set up properly. i then change the tube back to what it was by default, but there's still bias error and zero gain.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

blueman wrote:
Jacare wrote:
dwozzle wrote:Anybody know if you can have 3.5 and 4 installed at the same time?
I know. You can. You can even run III.V inside 4, since it is also a VST and 4 has a VST loader.
You can run III.V inside 4, inside III.V, inside 4, inside...wait...wtf?! hold on!#$@&* Ahhhhhh :o :scared: :party: :borg: :clap:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'll try again:

Since MK III.V also operates as a VST you can use the VST Host module of ReValver 4 to load MK III.V or other Revalver editions inside it.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
http://www.peavey.com/products/revalver/

Return to “Effects”