Shreddage 2X Funk Guitar

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, I'm a newbie that owns Shreddage 2, Shreddage 2X and Guitar Rig. I was wondering how I should set up the amps for funk guitar and what options Shreddage 2X has for sequencing it.

Shreddage2 is a bit more oriented toward rock/metal than it is funk; we don't have any kind of funk chords/strumming script. But for amp tone, you would probably want something mostly clean. I would try some of the jazz amp presets in Guitar Rig - the fender emulations - along with the various wah/cry pedals.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Also I have a list of shreddage 2x presets that might help you in your work. specifically, the "EventHorizonClean" preset that uses the velocity to volume feature and puts all articulations on keyswitches so you have full dynamic range on the sustains, something that might be useful for the genre.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... resets.zip

zircon wrote:Shreddage2 is a bit more oriented toward rock/metal than it is funk; we don't have any kind of funk chords/strumming script. But for amp tone, you would probably want something mostly clean. I would try some of the jazz amp presets in Guitar Rig - the fender emulations - along with the various wah/cry pedals.
Well, what articulations would you say would fit that funk strumming the best?
warfighter67 wrote:Also I have a list of shreddage 2x presets that might help you in your work. specifically, the "EventHorizonClean" preset that uses the velocity to volume feature and puts all articulations on keyswitches so you have full dynamic range on the sustains, something that might be useful for the genre.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... .zip</span>
Thank you very much for the preset! This is a noob question, though how do I load NKA files?

The NKA files are loaded from right on the Shreddage2 interface :-) There's a preset load button.

In terms of articulations, it's largely mutes, hard/short sustains, hammer/pull, some staccatos... more importantly it's how your sequence them.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I would use the "choke" articulations specially with mutes to punctuate a rhythm riff.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”