EcolooP Support for the KVRDC14

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EcolooP

Update 1.939

◾Improvement of layout images Vibrator

◾Problem of reset / Load / Save Link delay resolved

◾Reset button connections in all settings

◾Initialize all loops (* 4) of the 16 slots at the begining

◾Disable LED tracking (Loop Start and End) when the 'LR' button is disengaged

I use Google Translator now. But it seems not 100% English !

I have Cubase 7.5 trial version. Next tuto in this host !? :hyper:

Update 1.940 :

◾Improvement of 'All sample' panel (removal of unnecessary objects and adding a notepad and a button 'All poly pad')
◾Adding 16 buttons in the 'Preference' panel to activate or not the 16 separate outputs
◾Improving routing of the 16 separate outputs (after the option 'solo')

There's a small mistake from the 'Audio Internal Circuit.png'. The 16 separated audio flux must appear after the Tremolex/VibratoR (in green connection) and no directly from the original sample.

You did it chopen!
Till 1.939 it wasnt working but 1.940 shows the waveforms!
Good job!
Let´s see if Bob has the same experience.

Edit: 1.941 not working
Last edited by nr1killabee on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

what a surprise ! I think that you have just made an update of Windows without you noticing !

The fact remains that I am satisfied this one can be compatible !!!

I am going to do thus now a second tutoriel that I have just prepared. To the program: Recording multitracks on cubase 7.5 in real time with EcolooP. It's possible. I have tested this but I hope that my processor will hold out (video + audio recording + Recording on cubase with a Dual Core 2,2 Ghz 4 ram !!!) for the tutorial...I will take my time now that the contest is over to do this !

thank you for having tested my software. It's good to have solved this problem with you...

No new windows update was installed, I can assure you :)
I am looking forward to your tutorial; I can see the 16 outputs in Cubase already
but not sure how to connect them to the 16 slots.
I can choose a midi channel for every sample but they keep playing on channel 1.
Must have overseen something. How to change the channel after the (yellow) midi out button ?
But again, good job!

Edit > Ok, I got it working, the midi channel separate button must be RED.

Yes, you are back on track chopen. 1.940 shows the waveforms and therefor has sound in FLStudio11 !
chopen wrote:what a surprise ! I think that you have just made an update of Windows without you noticing!
In which case all previous versions should work in FLStudio.......but they don't.

Bug report: sometimes, two segments are highlighted in brown even if only one key is pressed.

Also, I noticed something in the EcolooP user interface: Lenght is not how the Queen spells Length, as far as I know, and if anybody actually cares. :)

I could not yet figure out how to make EcolooP less slow in REAPER. But in Jeskola Buzz, EcolooP is running at normal speed (mouse did not freeze).

Below is a test video focused mainly on slicing one drum loop. I might have to use YouTube's caption tool later on to point out what's happening at certain timelines, if necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqzZSi_ ... v79Rfx57BQ

Bug report: sometimes, two segments are highlighted in brown even if only one key is pressed
It's normal Harrupbabble. It's because you have selected a slice space and you play another slice space after with the keyboard... It will take getting used to !

:clap: thank you for your interest in Ecoloop. Too bad there has not been the result of preparation for the end of the video but it's a good start. Hint: add more release to have better sound. You can also zoom a little more. If you double-click on fine zoom (small slider), it resets to the next page (after the view)

Today I tried to make a new video but i have some technical problems for calibrate the sound to the picture. I just managed to do this. Following perhaps tomorrow for multitrack recording 16 independent channels simultaneously with cubase 7.

to avoid the inconvenience caused by the compressor to the previous tutorial; I bypassed it but now I see that there are some unwanted click noise. I am going to try of me got an external recorder to have a audio recording in better quality. I also noticed that when there was a long moment of silence, Ecoloop stopped immediately recorder to pause. There should be a slight background noise so it does not stop

With me, it takes about 20 seconds to start the plugins in cubase. I would cut perhaps the final cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89-1vFG ... e=youtu.be

See you soon and good view ! 8)

Here is another "can't wait, can't be perfect, one-take" video test. I'm just learning things along the way and fluking it.

Byp = Bypass? I need to read the manual more and to comprehend more.

EcolooP is great and underrated. :tu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l7PxOH- ... v79Rfx57BQ

Ok. all of this become more & more interesting.

you have forget to activate the bypass buttons in vibrator & tremoleX. And in this mode you may used more often the 'pitch offset' control in sample# module and obtain a great result with pitchshifter FX after. Don't hesitate to change the min / max of pitchshifter.

and follow the road of abbey !

:roll:
Last edited by chopen on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

:hail: I come back with a new version of Ecoloop for fix some minor bug :

Update 1.941 :

◾Fixed some missing connections for saving settings

◾The reset is working again to stop the sound in 'User Instrument' mode

No need to download new patch update !

I have gone into the development of software for capture video. I will not detail how I do but it is quite complex and I can use special effects video with sub titles soon. That's why I delayed the next tutorial.
It's difficult for me to show you how make a multrecording with EcolooP in cubase because my Laptop is not powerful enough (video in same time with the performance in cubase) or maybe i can film with an external camera but I am currently unmotivated and prefer preparing the future update Ecoloop Island 2 should consume less and have a better interface (display scrolling loop, switch between loop much more effective and GUI custumisation)

Update 1.942 :

◾Disable replay on 13th slot are now possible when yellow LED off

◾ Improved setting 'Load sample parameter' on delays

◾Disable button 'Patch' when saving and loading .fxp .fxb to avoid crashes plugins

Soon the version 2.00.

I currently experiment a different type of connection should be more efficient and consume less CPU. there will also be other features like the ability to loop rotate in alternating 2 directions and more effective switch between différents loops...

Update 1.945 :

◾New add-on to the GUI of the loop. When the loop is enabled, the display is selected (on the waveform with a red scrolled cursor to mark the position of playing of the selected sample).
◾The retrigger button (orange square in a circular image) is now used to alternate the direction of playing).
◾Improvement in response time when switching from a loop to another (vertical yellow buttons).
◾Improvement of the internal core and CPU consumption.

I still continue updates as I still have a little time to spare. The last update took me a lot of Time because I have to reconfigure everything hoping the CK modules consume less than DH_waveplayer modules +

I hope your feedback... :tu:

Update 1.947

◾Reindexing samples (the samples 2-16 were set to 1 since the previous version)
◾Fixed Gate / Trigger Sample 5
◾Tempo reconnection according to the Loop
◾Adding a new function Double-click on the setting Start / End Loop (on fine tuning slider, add compensation to the coarse setting)
◾Improvement of the Count Layer (now takes the same sequence of notes with the same intensity)
◾Fixed minor bug

Sorry for the new bug in the new version... I have uploaded it too quickly !

I really admire the work and dedication you put into this, thank you chopen. :clap:
:tu: All is good

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”