No votes
I like both!
100%
Both are not so useful....
No votes

Total votes: 2

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have two ideas which would fit good in the concept of Bitwig!

1. a XY value shaper for the Macro Knobs of the devices!
It has as many breakpoints as you want and bendable curves!
as example to create equal power crossfades or just a value in a specific range where I want!
Maybe for each modulation target to create interesting combinations with different speed and value mapping...

As explaination for the people who dont know what a XY Value Shaper for parameters is:

It has nothing to do with automation.
It is a modifier which change an incoming value to another one. So you can create out of a linear value x to y assignment a logarithmic assignment as example or a value curve which is equal to a equal power crossfade!
....And many more stuff, as example "a value ilse" for one parameter, that just a short range is affected by the macro knob! And a COMPLETLY REARRANGING of all values which can be a modulation of a static parameter movement!

--> Now, if you fade with a Macro Knob between two sounds, half way it is very very quit, with a equal power assignmet it would be as load as on every position!

2.a Layer Morpher which is one dimensional and you can morph trough as up to 8 layers in each direction with a control on your hardware controller, also automatable!
And because it is round, you can morph from the last layer to the first seamlessly!
There is also a auto morphing with on board with one direction, back and forward and random in different speeds! My screenshot is just for imagination, no master peace! ;)

Last edited by crazyfiltertweaker on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Sorry, a little confused here, what does the XY shaper give you that track or clip automation doesn't?

It has nothing to do with automation.
It is a modifier which change a incoming value to another one. So you can create out of a linear value x to y assignment a logarithmic assignment as example or a value curve which is equal to a equal power crossfade! ....And many more stuff, as example "a value ilse" for one parameter, that just a short range is affected by the macro knob! And a COMPLETLY REARRANGING of all values which can be a modulation of a static parameter movement!

--> Now, if you fade with a Macro Knob between two sounds, half way it is very very quit, with a equal power assignmet it would be as load as on every position!

It is really really useful!

I think I understand you now. You want some way to change the output value of the macro knobs, so you could move them whilst playing live. Quite a neat idea.

Hm, if it shall fit into the Bitwig context, it should be a MOD device, shouldn't it?
I think of really simple device with only one knob whose value is shaped trough the multi breakpoint graph. The resulting value could be used as a modulation source...

Really like the idea. I and some others AFAIK also had this MSEG (multi segment envelope generator - like in the u-he Zebra) request which is more like automation.
But with this concept you could do the same and even more. (like modulate the knob of this MOD device via a lfo to get new lfo shapes).

Hm, maybe this should be a FR for the tech support?

yes I send the link to this forum, I hope they read it...

I really like your enthusiasm.The layer morpher shows quite heavy work done on the picture of it :hihi: .

Though maybe because of this late at night, I dont completly get the power crossfade thing. Gonna read it tomorrow.

carlosjcuevasm wrote:The layer morpher shows quite heavy work done on the picture of it :hihi: .
It is art, true art. ;)

Look closly and then you see the work. It was hard work because with MOUSE and a graphical program, I dont know anything about it (free one, dont know the name)

...But anyway, you get the point, I hope!

crazyfiltertweaker wrote:
carlosjcuevasm wrote:The layer morpher shows quite heavy work done on the picture of it :hihi: .
It is art, true art. ;)

Look closly and then you see the work. It was hard work because with MOUSE and a graphical program, I dont know anything about it (free one, dont know the name)

...But anyway, you get the point, I hope!
Of course I get it, I know you spent a good time doing it, I saw it, saw the "details" :D sorry, I just think is funny, not like is bad or silly, just funny! :party: and btw, very clear. :tu:

I make a new version, NOW ;)

I hope you like the more simple one I make now and update it.

u-u-u wrote:
Really like the idea. I and some others AFAIK also had this MSEG (multi segment envelope generator - like in the u-he Zebra) request which is more like automation.
But with this concept you could do the same and even more. (like modulate the knob of this MOD device via a lfo to get new lfo shapes).

Hm, maybe this should be a FR for the tech support?
In Kontakt there is also such a value shaper available. With it, you can create equal power crossfades, which is nice for DJs.

Also the layer morpher is more simpel than the XY morpher but you only must automate one single parameter which is really nice.

But I dont know if the first idea is possible...
I dont know if Bitwig has a graphical interface to adjust multi breakpoint envelopes, someone know this?

braunhirse wrote: In Kontakt there is also such a value shaper available. With it, you can create equal power crossfades, which is nice for DJs.

Also the layer morpher is more simpel than the XY morpher but you only must automate one single parameter which is really nice.
yes would be a good alternative for the 4 layer morpher, which is already available, to have just one control instead of 2 (x and y)
But I dont know if the first idea is possible...
I dont know if Bitwig has a graphical interface to adjust multi breakpoint envelopes, someone know this?
sure it is!

look at the EQ!

Got my vote!!!!!

Man, ModMaps like in Kontakt with lag etc.......

Morphing/Kore 2's Soundvariations/Alchemy remix pads.......yeah!!!!!!

i guess it'll not be in 1.1....but.....please....DO ADD!!!!!

Yeah I think some control over the mapping of Macro controls would be super useful - would expand their use big time. Stuff like the last 10% of a knob's range suddenly turning on a delay effect, or equal power crossfades like mentioned above. Not sure exactly how it would integrate with the way that Macros currently modulate a parameter instead of remotely controlling it between two values like Ableton - maybe there could be the option for an XY graph for each modulation destination that applies the XY mapping ratio to whatever modulation range is dragged out.

layer morpher sounds great :) +1

Return to “Bitwig”