T5 bugs + FRs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.

If I select multiples clips, It would be nice to be able to modify more different options at the same time.
Types of crossfades, X-fades…

Thanks

Hello,
I'm trying the total bundle FabFilter, and it usually works once in three ... Everything is operational but no effect on the sound, AU, VST and VST 3.
T5.3.14 Mac os 10.9.4

After enabling the autosave option to "autosave every minute", it reverts to "disabled" state every time Tracktion 5.3.14 is restarted! That's odd...
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

I have a serious problem with T 5.3.14 which crashes T5 to desktop. It happens after some time using T5 (about 15...20min) and is triggered by soloing and muting tracks. Last time I had the following scenario:

- about 20 tracks mixed VST instruments and audio tracks
- all muted except one audio track "vocals 1" and its destination track "vocal master"
- solo behaviour is "cumulative"
- when switching the solo to another track "vocal 2" which has also the destination "vocal master", T5 crashes to desktop
- this happened several times now but I really cannot find a common cause except that is must have something to do with solo and mute and maybe track destinations

I will investigate further and report here. Back to T5 then...
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

And your Systems particulars are…?
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Sorry, I am running T 5.3.14 x64 on Windows x64. If any more specs are needed please let me know.

Hi,

don't know whether or not this already surfaced in this thread, but Tracktion 5.3.14 apparently still uses "Tracktion 4" as the folder name in AppData/Roaming - which makes it unconvenient to run Tracktion 4 32-bit/ 5 64-bit alongside each other, as both keep writing to same settings files.

Slide, have you found a way around that?
Some setting inside 5.3.14 to re-direct to it's own folder?
Hoozda Band

Alright I love Tracktion but here it goes .....
1. Jack sync Linux/Mac/Windows
2. Drag loop to edit , loop stretched to tempo
3. Better sampler ex. something like Poise or Lives drum racks with an MPC styled GUI
4. I know Master Mix (Final Mix ) is coming but it would be nice to have some better included native EQ , Compressor/Limiter , Reverb/ir Reverb plugins included ....

Id be fine with just FR 1+2 but I feel Linux users would benefit from all 4 . Other than that Tracktion is an awesome and very affordable DAW .

FRs
1.Diamond shape for drums midi notes, I don't know if this copyrighted, but I feel it would make drum editing easier.

Basically repeating myself with following.
2.Option to default to pointer when editing instead of pencil.
3.Option for keyboard and midi tools to be locked when midi track expanded. So not popping in and out of view.
4.Option to apply midi transposed
information to whole edit with one click
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

A couple FR's. I've been using Tracktion since v4 was released and my biggest gripe is a lack of mono output on the tracks themselves. No matter what, you are stuck with a stereo output, unless I'm missing something. Because I don't have a blazing fast laptop, I have to sometimes render down mixed individual tracks and delete plugins to keep CPU usage in check. I really don't want stereo kick drum and snare drums tracks for most things unless I'm adding delay or a stereo effect. Any chance we could be given the choice to have mono-only tracks?

I also realize that with racks, you can simulate busses but I'd also like to have the option of bus/grouped channels that can be more quickly routed than having to use racks. Kicks and snares should almost always be mono until mixed down to avoid phase issues and being able to take pure mono tracks and routing them to a bus is the best way to glue drum tracks together which is shared by every studio engineer in the world. Having phase shifting/flipping options per track would be great too.

@ianballarddrums, not sure if this is what your after,untick treat as stereo pair.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

Terry, I can't find where "treat as stereo pair" is. Is this something I can do with each track or is it a global option? I do feel dumb though because I just discovered that I can feed any number of tracks into another clipless track and use that as a "drum bus". Sheesh. I've been using this thing for over a year and didn't realize that. Derp. That's even easier!

Ok when you click on the input arrow left side of Tracktion to record, panel will open between transport controls and export,click track etc buttons . Right next to clipboard button should be "treat as stereo channel pair" it's there on T3 & T5 so I guess it should be about there in T4.

Well, that doesn't really make the track true mono. This is the problem. Tracktion treats every track as a stereo output and that's not conducive to typical tracking in analog situations. Ardour/Mixbus, for example, gives you the option of tracking/mixing in mono tracks or stereo. I think this is a fairly important feature when recording instruments. I understand Tracktion is trying to appeal to a broad audience that prominently uses MIDI and stereo analog inputs bu this omission can be problematic for analog recording folks. Rendering a kick drum track, yields a stereo file which sounds like crap, quite frankly. Please implement mono capability from input to output, guys.

Return to “Tracktion”