Higher Buffer Size = Random Ignored Audio? -video-

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hope some of you have experienced this or can recreate this as it's a serious issue.

At 512 samples and above, small one cycle audio events that should sound like small ticks or clicks, randomly trigger when playing them.

Here you can watch me demonstrate with three buffer settings 128, 512 and 1024. Watch how the meter hardly even triggers at 1024.

Can you reproduce this?

(no audio, watch the meter)
http://screencast.com/t/RIBprGTMhP

Confirmed.

Audio clips sometimes miss the start transient if the sample buffer is set above 256samples for me (Audiophile 2496 card).

This is on 1.0.15rc1 and before.

Regards.
"Annoying the neighbours since '71"

Please send this to tech-support if you didn't already:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=420129

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Confirmed.

Let's get deeper...
I've created a single one sample peak and insert it in bigwig. No matter which buffer size you choose it misses al the time not so in Logic or Ableton Live…so this behavior could be fixed.

Extremely short audio snippets are very difficult to handle in bitwig. if you try to cut out little pieces from it at maximum resolution (1/65536) or (1/16384 Ableton Live's maximum resolution) and copy/paste it the audio file will not be played + this work sometimes leads to a crash of the audio engine.
In short: try to avoid cutting up pieces of audio that a shorter than 1/512 if you are working with 128 samples buffer size.
Specs.: MacMini" (2018) OS X 10.14.3, i7 3,2 GHz, 64GB Ram, 1TB + ext. 2x1 TB SSD Samsung EVO 840 in Akitio Neutrino Thunder Duo, UAD Apollo Twin mk2 Quad, Roland A-49 and many many VST(i)'s.

not sure this is related but sometimes bitwig misses notes with native battery 4.
my buffer size is 512

it happend when there are many notes in midi clip
or there are many samples in battery cells.

i divided notes from 1 clip to 2 clips and use 2 instances of battery,delete some cells in battery then it was fine.

already sent a tech support mail.

Return to “Bitwig”