The Producer Pack: Bitwig Studio, Arturia KeyLab 25/49/61 and MiniV

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That must be a misunderstanding: The KeyLab 25/49/61 do not have Fatar keys, AFAIK that is only the new KeyLab 88 (which I haven't tried yet).

And please stop the personal attacks. It's unfortunate that the KeyLabs turn out to be substandard for some (?) and I understand that this aggravates the people who bought the deal in good faith, but getting personal here on weak presumptions doesn't help it.

Cheers and thanks,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:That must be a misunderstanding: The KeyLab 25/49/61 do not have Fatar keys, AFAIK that is only the new KeyLab 88 (which I haven't tried yet).

And please stop the personal attacks. It's unfortunate that the KeyLabs turn out to be substandard for some (?) and I understand that this aggravates the people who bought the deal in good faith, but getting personal here on weak presumptions doesn't help it.

Cheers and thanks,

Tom
Thanks Tom for your post. you're right only the 88 has Fatar keys. I saw a video from Arturia mentioning that before buying the pack.
and you're right those were poor presumptions. So in good faith again I apologise to everyone.
C-Wave

c-wave wrote:Well done Arturia guys.. Good job looking for disgruntled customers and attacking them, or blaming your resellers, on the forums.
Keep up the good work. You know Arturia, a better way to spend your time is formulating a decent quality control policy; this way you don't have to put your time on the forums.. That costs money as well you know? Anyway that's the last post for me on this thread, feel free to bad mouth me to your hearts content. I am not sure how you imagine that will get you more customers.
I was referring to the guy above you and was speaking wrong info. but anyway never mind.

tooneba wrote:
c-wave wrote:Well done Arturia guys.. Good job looking for disgruntled customers and attacking them, or blaming your resellers, on the forums.
Keep up the good work. You know Arturia, a better way to spend your time is formulating a decent quality control policy; this way you don't have to put your time on the forums.. That costs money as well you know? Anyway that's the last post for me on this thread, feel free to bad mouth me to your hearts content. I am not sure how you imagine that will get you more customers.
I was referring to the guy above you and was speaking wrong info. but anyway never mind.
OUCH..Thomas is right; this was a misunderstanding.. more than I thought!
I owe you a big apology tooneba.
C-Wave

tooneba wrote: I was referring to the guy above you and was speaking wrong info. but anyway never mind.
I agree with the underlined part.

I also agree that the whole snippy thing was bad. Too bad about the <61 note Keylab's and not having Fatar? Good to know; makes the whole deal less appealing especially considering c-notes bad experience.

machinesworking wrote:
tooneba wrote: I was referring to the guy above you and was speaking wrong info. but anyway never mind.
I agree with the underlined part.

I also agree that the whole snippy thing was bad. Too bad about the <61 note Keylab's and not having Fatar? Good to know; makes the whole deal less appealing especially considering c-notes bad experience.
The name is C-Wave ;) and yeah would have been nice had they used Fatar for the 61 and 49 keys too.
Anyways, glad to know everyone is OK here.. and would hope we get some more feedback from others about their experiences.
Note: my Keylab 61 came with the old firmware (V1.25). I updated it to 1.33 (which was released on 15-Nov-2013 as per their updates page). So apparently my keyboard was manufactured before that date.
C-Wave

c-wave wrote: The name is C-Wave ;) and yeah would have been nice had they used Fatar for the 61 and 49 keys too.
Anyways, glad to know everyone is OK here.. and would hope we get some more feedback from others about their experiences.
Note: my Keylab 61 came with the old firmware (V1.25). I updated it to 1.33 (which was released on 15-Nov-2013 as per their updates page). So apparently my keyboard was manufactured before that date.
C-Wave
Doh! at least it was musical slip up! :lol:

Made the assumption that they were Fatar since the 88 keys are, and a guy on Motunation raves about the Keylab keys, absolutely loves them, so maybe the bad batch thing is appropriate? I know that the one advantage of buying hardware locally is the ability to quickly return it, and get one that works etc. hopefully online retailers don't completely wipe out physical music stores.

Again.... I bought the 49 in March and have NO problems, I kept out of this thread for the very reason of what it turned into.

Unfortunately, shit happens, I have had it happen to me before but with the KeyLab49, it works as expected.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

Just wanted to add that Arturia got back to me this morning and the issue with the Mini V code has been resolved. Took 2 working days, which I don't consider bad support at all. :)

Thanks guys for keeping this thread in the balance.
It's relieving to hear about the good experiences too :tu: ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

The Japanese keyboardist Katsunori Ujiie uploaded new Video of the Producer pack:

http://youtu.be/kYYn5Ma9ASg?list=UUaE4K ... dGvbjIjTJQ

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “Bitwig”