(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am just as curious about it as a year ago :-)
Exactly what the doctor ordered.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

aMUSEd wrote:So like the old (defunct) Building Blocks?

http://www.sonicspot.com/buildingblocks ... locks.html

well remembered

The question is - does it support OSC apart from MIDI?

No OSC in version 1 - and I imagine a lynch mob would chase from the village with burning torches if I dared suggest delaying to get it in - but it is planned for a 1.something release.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:The elevator pitch would be:

It's a modular sequencing toolkit. You build patches from various high- and low-level modules, which range from the high - analogue-style mono step sequencers, lua scripts, and various modulation sources, to low - logic gates, mathematical operators, and switches. Everything's very interactive and immediate, so you can 'jam' and 'improvise', a la live coders. Maybe think of Reaktor, but geared towards MIDI, and with arranging and sequencing built in. Or perhaps Numerology, but at a much lower level.

You can run it as a plug-in (VST, AU, RTAS, AAX64), or standalone app. And it hosts VST and Audio Unit plug-ins too.
What about some screenshots?

colin@loomer wrote:No OSC in version 1 - and I imagine a lynch mob would chase from the village with burning torches if I dared suggest delaying to get it in - but it is planned for a 1.something release.
You are kidding right, there is nobody left who would rush you on this, most have given up even waiting, take your time and put whatever in you need to, the more kick ass on release, the better
Duh

bungle wrote:
colin@loomer wrote:No OSC in version 1 - and I imagine a lynch mob would chase from the village with burning torches if I dared suggest delaying to get it in - but it is planned for a 1.something release.
You are kidding right, there is nobody left who would rush you on this, most have given up even waiting, take your time and put whatever in you need to, the more kick ass on release, the better
I am in the group who hasn't given up waiting
:)

woggle wrote:
bungle wrote:
I am in the group who hasn't given up waiting
the very part of the group that's got their torches ready? if so - welcome, mate :D

somehow someone obviously has been already there, burning the banner with the new name on it. so we still have to refer to it as "the thing being called epoch for a while" instead of the very cool name that should have alraedy been picked (or maybe not so)...

firepile wrote:

It's a modular sequencing toolkit. You build patches from various high- and low-level modules, which range from the high - analogue-style mono step sequencers, lua scripts, and various modulation sources, to low - logic gates, mathematical operators, and switches. Everything's very interactive and immediate, so you can 'jam' and 'improvise', a la live coders. Maybe think of Reaktor, but geared towards MIDI, and with arranging and sequencing built in. Or perhaps Numerology, but at a much lower level.

You can run it as a plug-in (VST, AU, RTAS, AAX64), or standalone app. And it hosts VST and Audio Unit plug-ins too.
What about some screenshots?
Thanks Colin, and +1 for the screenshots.

There is a little too much 'developer art' that still needs replacing to wow you with screen grabs, but once that's locked in, new screenshots'll be posted.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I keep on thinking of ways in which this could be useful! It all depends on the usability/workflow, but it could be a great swiss army knife for prototyping. It's all about the details, though, so take the time to get them right. But not too long ... :D
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

colin@loomer wrote:Maybe think of Reaktor, but geared towards MIDI, and with arranging and sequencing built in. Or perhaps Numerology, but at a much lower level. And it hosts VST and Audio Unit plug-ins too.
I've been lurking on this thread on and off since it started. I have to just say, with that one comment Mr Loomer, you've bagged an insta-purchase from me ;)

Plus, you are from the UK and support Linux. Awesome.

Best of luck with getting it finished.

Thanks. I'm on the home-straight now; I'm confident that I'll have something for you all before the end of the year. I would say, "if not sooner", but I think that'd really be tempting fate.

If only it wasn't so much fun to tinker with: my current cool patch has four different synth plug-ins. MIDI notes are routed according to a counter and several switches to one of these synths. And then every quarter note, the clocked counter increments, the switches reconfigure, and MIDI now gets routed to a different synth. Such great sound for such a simple configuration.

And by the way, the MIDI routing is rather clever: it'll always match note-offs to corresponding note-ons, so a patch creator'll never need to worry about hung notes. The same magic applies if you transpose notes: it'll match a note-off to the previous note-on, even if the transposition settings have changed in the interim.

:party: :clown: :pray: :hyper: :love:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Loomer”