Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

hibidy wrote:Thanks. So far works nicely :)
When 1.1 is released(for you to demo), there is a huge pile of features added to the Push. :)

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

:hyper:

For those that are interested in this script, Moss has been busy!

Here is what is coming for the 1.1 Push4Bitwig release, plus more as we get farther into the beta.

# 4.0 (Unreleased)
Compatible with Bitwig 1.1 Beta 6.
* Performance increase.
* To change the play views press note and select one from the display.
* New sequencer: Raindrops
* Toggle monitor and auto monitor: Keep pressed Select in Volume, Pan or Track mode. First row toggles Monitor, second row Auto Monitor.
* Added display of note range when changing octaves in drum sequencer.
* Added display of note range when changing octaves in note sequencer.
* Note range in note sequencer can now also be changed with the octave up/down buttons.
* Polyphonic Aftertouch of Pads in Play mode is now send to Bitwig
* Frame mode (long press Master) allows now to change Arranger and Mixer settings. Also the layout states are now displayed.
* Shift+Browse toggles Inspector.
* Quantize button is working but only if clip is already focused in editor.
* Replaced tap tempo with new native function.
* Add Track: Adds a new instrument track
* Shift+Add Track: Adds a new effect track
* Select+Add Track: Adds a new audio track
* Ribbon, Accent and Scale settings are now editable in the Preferences dialog.
* The LEDs of the ribbon are now used depending on the selected ribbon mode
* Added crossfade mode (press Volume twice)
* Added crossfade parameter to track mode. Removed 1 send channel.
* In Session mode the ribbon controls the crossfader.
* In Note and Drum Sequencer you can now change the loop.
* Press Clip to modify clip properties (loop, play, etc.)
* Hold Delete and Touch Encoder to reset value works now in all device modes.
* Hold Delete and Touch Encoder to reset value in Volume, Pan, Send and Track modes.
* Switching tracks remembers the last selected view (play, drum, sequencer). Also a clip on that track will be selected.
* Fixed and improved parameter page selection and display.
* The Fixed Length selection is now activated with a normal button press. No long press required.
* Preset browser: Display of the next 3 presets. Hold Shift + control buttons to move quickly through the presets and categories.
* On track change the clip at the same index as on the previous track is selected.
* Bugfix: Device mode buttons did not work when in Session view.
* Bugfix: Enabled state of Groove had to be pressed twice.
* BugFix: Accent toggle was reversed.
* Added [Shift + Metronome] to toggle metronome ticks.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

TeotiGraphix wrote: * Quantize button is working but only if clip is already focused in editor.

Mike
Probably a stupid question but if you select several, will it do all a once?

hibidy wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote: * Quantize button is working but only if clip is already focused in editor.

Mike
Probably a stupid question but if you select several, will it do all a once?
Not right now, currently the clip has to be selected and in view(bitwig issue).

The selection model has changed in 1.1, when we implement multi-selection, then this will be possible.

As I said, there are still things to get ironed out for the more complex operations to be implemented correctly.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

This is so awesome! Thanks a lot for all the work you put in to this :D

Do you have any idea of when you will come round to implement the Doubble button? (The button that makes the clip twice as long and duplicates the contents of the clip. Not the one that makes a cloned copy of the clip)

Also, would it be possible to turn of the velocity sensitivity when using the sequencers? (is there a quick mod I can do in the source myself? any hints on what file/function to look for)

Will be back tomorrow and have a closer look. Double might be possible. To turn off velocity press the Accent button.

Woho! I downloaded the 1.1 beta yesterday to try out the new push script and it is frekking awesome! I especially love how you can set the loop points directly from the sequencer!

Anyways I came up with and a feature request that I think will make the sequenceing even more awesome, something I call "Mirroring". Its purpose is to increase the speed at which you create patterns by removing repettitive work.

Mirroring works by cloning the notes you add at a given interval, thus enabling you to quickly build the basic patterns of your drum beats. Let me give you and example

You have a 4 bar empty clip that you want to fill with groovy drums. Start by enabling mirroring and setting the mirror interval to 8. Select bass drum and place a drum on the first and fifth beat. Mirroring now automatically adds bassdrums to the 9th, 17th, 25th and 13th, 21th, 29th beat. You then select your snare drum, ad it to the 5th beat, mirroring clones this to the 13th, 21th, 29th beat as wel. Then add hihats to the first eight beats, mirroring clones it to the rest of the clip. And voila! you now have a basic drum beat 4 bars long, with very few actions.

Lets say you want to add som variation to every other bar? Change the mirror interval to 16, add something to the second bar, and it is autocloned to the fourth.

Then as a final touch you turn of mirroring completly and add some last variations to the clip.

I have implemented a similar feature to this in a midi sequencer I am building, and it is very usefull (even in practice :P) and speeds up pattern creation a lot.

Dunder wrote:Woho! I downloaded the 1.1 beta yesterday to try out the new push script and it is frekking awesome! I especially love how you can set the loop points directly from the sequencer!

Anyways I came up with and a feature request that I think will make the sequenceing even more awesome, something I call "Mirroring". Its purpose is to increase the speed at which you create patterns by removing repettitive work.

Mirroring works by cloning the notes you add at a given interval, thus enabling you to quickly build the basic patterns of your drum beats. Let me give you and example

You have a 4 bar empty clip that you want to fill with groovy drums. Start by enabling mirroring and setting the mirror interval to 8. Select bass drum and place a drum on the first and fifth beat. Mirroring now automatically adds bassdrums to the 9th, 17th, 25th and 13th, 21th, 29th beat. You then select your snare drum, ad it to the 5th beat, mirroring clones this to the 13th, 21th, 29th beat as wel. Then add hihats to the first eight beats, mirroring clones it to the rest of the clip. And voila! you now have a basic drum beat 4 bars long, with very few actions.

Lets say you want to add som variation to every other bar? Change the mirror interval to 16, add something to the second bar, and it is autocloned to the fourth.

Then as a final touch you turn of mirroring completly and add some last variations to the clip.

I have implemented a similar feature to this in a midi sequencer I am building, and it is very usefull (even in practice :P) and speeds up pattern creation a lot.
This is a VERY good idea. I get exactly what you are talking about.

I am 90% sure this would be possible with the current API. I would love to work on this Moss if you think it's worth adding. Would give me a bit more practice with the sequencer code.

I think its worth adding. :) Since moss refactored how sequencer views are selected, we would just make a new sequencer called Mirror that would just be a subclass of the standard sequencer with the mirror features you described.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

TeotiGraphix wrote:

I am 90% sure this would be possible with the current API. I would love to work on this Moss if you think it's worth adding. Would give me a bit more practice with the sequencer code.

I think its worth adding. :) Since moss refactored how sequencer views are selected, we would just make a new sequencer called Mirror that would just be a subclass of the standard sequencer with the mirror features you described.

Mike

Glad you liked it! I thingk it would be awesome if you could use the buttons above the pads to select mirroring intervall (and have one button per interval for quicker acces) Intervalls 1,2,4,8,16 would probably be enough. Press one time to select that intervall (button lights up), press again on the active intervall to turn of mirroring. (A key aspect for this to be effective is to make it swift and painless to turn on/off mirroring and switch intervalls)

This was mainly intended for the drum sequencer, but it would be usefull on the normal sequencer as well.

Another thing that would be great to include on the normal sequencer is a shift/transpose feature. Say you built this epic baseline, but it is all in A-minor and you want to ad some more harmonics. So you just scroll to the last bar, presses "shift down" one time, and voila the last bar of your clip now plays in G. The shifting should of course follow the global scale settings

Dunder wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote:

Mike

Glad you liked it! I thingk it would be awesome if you could use the buttons above the pads to select mirroring intervall (and have one button per interval for quicker acces) Intervalls 1,2,4,8,16 would probably be enough. Press one time to select that intervall (button lights up), press again on the active intervall to turn of mirroring. (A key aspect for this to be effective is to make it swift and painless to turn on/off mirroring and switch intervalls)

This was mainly intended for the drum sequencer, but it would be usefull on the normal sequencer as well.

Another thing that would be great to include on the normal sequencer is a shift/transpose feature. Say you built this epic baseline, but it is all in A-minor and you want to ad some more harmonics. So you just scroll to the last bar, presses "shift down" one time, and voila the last bar of your clip now plays in G. The shifting should of course follow the global scale settings
Ok, well then maybe somehow we could add a mode that is abstract, that can operate on both sequencers instead of adding another.

I will need to check it out and see if Moss has anything to say about it, I added it as a feature request on GITHub.

> Shift/Transpose

I don't know how trivial this is since the API is growing and I can't remember off the top of my head if we have access to the transpose actions, I will check on it.

EDIT: I re-read your comment, as far as transposing in the scale, I don't think that is trivial with how everything is setup right now.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

TeotiGraphix wrote: Ok, well then maybe somehow we could add a mode that is abstract, that can operate on both sequencers instead of adding another.

I will need to check it out and see if Moss has anything to say about it, I added it as a feature request on GITHub.

> Shift/Transpose

I don't know how trivial this is since the API is growing and I can't remember off the top of my head if we have access to the transpose actions, I will check on it.

EDIT: I re-read your comment, as far as transposing in the scale, I don't think that is trivial with how everything is setup right now.

Mike
I think abstract mode is a great idea! becouse with the clone functionality, the "normal" sequencer (in cromatic mode) gets very puwerfull for drum pattern cration (since you can build the entire basic beat without the need to scroll back and forth)

Regarding the transposing: I might give implementing that a try once I get a bit more time on my hands, if you accept external help with the script that is.

Dunder wrote:Regarding the transposing: I might give implementing that a try once I get a bit more time on my hands, if you accept external help with the script that is.
Of course we do! As long as it fits in the code formatting/naming conventions used throughout the code. And general design of the script, just makes maintenance easier down the line.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

Dunder wrote: Do you have any idea of when you will come round to implement the Doubble button?
I looked into this but it is still not possible with the current API (also in 1.1). :(

taoyoyo wrote: One thing that would be handy would be if it was possible to somehow get the Ribbon (in Session/Crossfader mode) to be able to center exactly to zero (not sure if there's any 'double-tap' or 'touch sensitivity' available to allow that?)
You can now press Shift+Ribbon to center it. If you can try it with the 1.1 Beta 6 and the current GitHub Trunk.

Return to “Controller Scripting”