Project Tabs at top don't respond in T5.3.16

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Running Tracktion 5.3.16 on Dell Latitude E6400 laptop running Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9900 3.06GHz w/ 4.0 GB RAM x64bit, OS is Windows 7 Professional SP1 build 7601.

The bug is that the tabs at top of T5 application are non-responsive, titled (left to right) Projects, Settings, (Songtitle). The T5 app will launch with the Project tab open. I can select one of several songs to open, and it works just fine. Problem is that I cannot select to open any of the tabs, including "Settings" and any of the "Songs" I had opened before the bug initiated. The only way to open the song is to (1) select its tile in the Projects "Active Projects" list, then (2) double click the edit file for that song and the tracks open for editing. I cannot even click back to the Projects tab. I have to quit T5, and then when I re-launch T5 it opens with the Projects Tab open whereupon I can select a different song.

I had installed T5.3.9 on 7/8/2014 and it worked great, and I worked successfully on half a dozen song projects. About two weeks ago, the tabs stopped responding as described above. I installed T5.3.16 today, and it did not fix problem. How do I get the Tabs to start responding again ? Thanks, Tom.

I had the very same problem. Found it to be a funky plugin.
I made a new empty plug folder, told 'T' where it was in settings/plugins and added a few plugs at a time from the folder that had been where 'T' looked.
Turned out to be a good time to weed out the ones that I found un-useful.
Hoozda Band

The Settings Tab will not respond, so that suggestion did not work. However, upon reading the suggestion about the funky plugin, I was inspired to load T5 and look around. I noticed I could highlight and right-click the song under "Projects" Tab to reveal option "close this project". Once I closed two song projects the Tabs became active again, so problem solved. Perhaps I had too many songs opened, or perhaps that song which I closed had a funky plugin active, not sure which. Now I notice that the closed project is no longer listed under the "Active Projects" Tab, but it will come back if I click on the original "(project song name).tracktion" file to initiate Tracktion and load that project. When I reloaded all 6 song projects, and problem returned: Tabs are all frozen/nonresponsive again. CPU usage is at 190% for "audio file reading". Problem went away once I closed two projects. Conclusion, too many song projects opened at same time will cause Tabs to freeze due to overload on CPU usage.

I'm a real newbie at this, but happy problem is solved. Perhaps this thread will help others. Thanks KVR Forum.

Return to “Tracktion”