Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Hi Attila!
I want to offer a very necessary, in my view, additions! ..
1. "Save the master track as progression" (Save to Browser progressions)
2. "Open the progression of the master track in Chord Rules Editor" (To create new rules chords)
3. Make keyboard shortcuts:
- "Convert to relative form"
- "Convert to absolute music"
- "Glue phrases"

All these additions are very necessary in the work!
Thank you for your understanding!
Sincerely lulukom!

Thank you, lulukom.
(1) is possible now. Please select the chords on the master track (Shift-click or Ctrl-click on chords), right click on the master track and look for "Save Selected Chords As Progression" in the inspector.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks Attila!

Thanks Attila!

You are welcome!

A new beta version was uploaded today (v2.8b4, built for Windows/OS X, full/LE):
  • when you drop a phrase from the browser on another phrase on the workspace by holding the down the Ctrl key, the rhythm will be applied to the target phrase
  • drop a phrase to selected phrases; when a phrase from the browser is dropped to a selected phrase (with or without the Ctrl key held down), all selected phrases will be affected
  • [OS X] fix start-up error message when no audio API is set
  • fixed precision bug with 16th note triplet
  • fixed note articulations
The first item needs some explanation. It is possible to change the rhythm of any phrase in the composition by Ctrl-dropping another phrase or groove from the phrase browser. What happens is that the 'rhythm' is extracted from the source phrase and then the target phrase is changed to use that rhythm. (Both the source and target phrases can be ordinary phrases or phrase generators).
For example it is useful for 'cutting' a chord or any polyphonic phrase so that it has a groove that you created previously.
Note: if you try this with a Chord Generator, it is best to apply “Render Phrase With Variations” first, and then you can Ctrl-drop the groove on it. This has to be done because note lengths are recreated by the phrase generators. This will be fixed later.
If you select multiple phrases in the composition, all are changed by the drop operation.

Have fun!
Attila

Hi Attila!
Very good update!
But about drag and drop "rhythm", I'm sorry that this rigidly tied to the browser phrases and impossible to take the rhythm from midi file that I drag in the track of the RC and even drag one phrase to another inside a track (of course to take the rhythm!) or am I wrong?
Thank you!
Sincerely lulukom

Yes, lulukom, that works only when dropping from the browser. This functionality will be extended later.
Best regards,
Attila

Hi Attila!
Small suggestions ...

1. Very Would like to see in the inspector structure start and finish line and party  that is that the length is expressed as for example Intro 1 1.1 - 9.1 8 bar (Length from and to ..)
2. Auto zoom vertically (whole composition and individual Auto zoom display of each track, as is done in Logic) and horizontal Auto zoom the entire length of of the display!
3. Another field of dreams ...)))
Open and close a fairly large number of inspectors, browsers, timeline, master track, and so on is very tedious and when they are open, then the entire composition is closed these windows .. I do not know where to put these windows .. I propose to make an additional one single control window in which could open any service windows, inspectors and browsers! To be able to make it beyond the control window of the program window, and even on the second display! And of course assign a midi controller to handles all types of control phrases and other midi changes in real time to and from the Control window (my dream!))) This will be a real Arranzher Machine! Control window should not be permanent, but universal constructor controls and even it seems to me, kind of musical instrument like a synthesizer tuning in real time, but with the manipulation midi phrases! And using the handles MIDI controllers too!
Sincerely lulukom

Thank you, lulukom!
These would be good additions.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila!
It would be very nice to be able to browsers drag and drop files from one folder to another ... When I save (selected chords in the timeline) to the browser progress, they are saved in a new folder and I want to drag -and -drop this progression in my folder (for example the folder "my progression") ...

More please fix ...
Let the when pressed keyboard icon in the master track in order to enter chords from a midi controller, not shown suggestions chords, as I believe that the proposals are selected chords usually a mouse, but visually it makes it difficult and hard to choose a chord!

And more ...
Need a possibility when converted phrases to a relative form and incorrectly selected conversion algorithm, algorithm change without returning to the absolute form! Is this possible?
and more ...

Transferring selected area along a timeline just a mouse (from 1.1-2.1 to 3.1-4.1) This is will facilitate to work with each individual section of the composition!

and still really want to see on the main screen of the composition:
- The general: temp, size, rules of chords and the part name and line !..

-More should be done to apply when "0" (see the whole composition) it was really can see that a window visually clenched to the size of the entire length of the song!

More, please ...
Generators / line ...
Perfectly can to draw lines tunes!
But it would be very nice to have a tool to draw chords and quickly draw chord polyphony and the length of the chord notes! Yes and tools (outside of the generator) to quickly convert monophonic line in polyphonic to add notes in the chord ...

And still wants to have such a tool in the program ... Probably mathematical filters -calculator or something like that, so you can give the job to recalculate the notes in phrases ...
For example extend notes of the chord on the second beat of each 1/8 or -something like that .. or delete a selected phrase minor third ... well something like this ...

I know that you have a lot of work, but we all want to make the program even better!Thank you!
Sincerely lulukom

Hi there,
i have been very busy last a few months ..
just saw it and want to say thank you for the dedicated collapse structure button in the browsers!
tiny button but big helper! :)

Hi yellukhan,

it is always nice to see you here! :)
I think you will like the new phrase browser which was redesigned from scratch (beta will be uploaded this weekend).

The improvements:
- custom phrases are in hierarchical directory structure. The 'group' attribute will be the physical path, so you can arrange your phrases in a file browser from Windows (Explorer) or OS X (Finder)
- advanced searching and filtering capabilities (search field).
- use expressions. E.g. to show 8 beat long phrases only you type '{length}==8' in the search field, or display phrase with a certain tag, you need to type '{tagname}!=""'
- add an expression to display a second line for the phrases (e.g. tags, or creation date)
- add and remove tags (right click on phrase)
- more phrase preview options (right click on phrase). One-click preview with any major/minor/7th chord.
- non-destructive deletion (dot is placed in front of the file name to skip the file next time)

All other browsers will be reworked in the next days to complete v2.8 for early December.
I thought I mentioned this as a teaser...

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks Attila,
i always here, looking slily :)
to the follow what is cooking...
browser improvements sounds great!
especially allow us to arrange easily via windows explorer!

that was a beautiful silently background process !
now my huge phrase library in the folders...
created automatically by RC, on the first start !
plus i can re organize them as i want!

Thanks Attila!

Don't forget AU's for the Mac crowd... There are a lot of us who use Logic X..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”