SquaredHeads Nora: Arpeggiator (2.5 Released!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

This is truly an amazing update!! Everything I wished for (patterns, timing fix, random generator), plus SOOO much more. And I already liked Nora a lot as it was :). Such amazing work! I'm sure that Nora will take off now for real, there's nothing out there anywhere close to it, for any price, in my opinion!

yellukhan wrote:^^ i couldn't resist to say just for the clarification "phrase" import from midi file not possible in this case just rhythm.
Thanks for the clarification... Anyway, more than enough to chew on here... :oops:

basslinemaster wrote:Don't buy V1 now, SquaredHeads said there will be a discount on Nora 2 when it's released, so to wait - that's what I call great customer service.
absolutely agree with that! it's a rare thing nowadays....
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

this is such a massive update, i feel funny mentioning this and in no way expect it would be implemented quickly (if at all), but being a Sonar user i have never liked the way midi VSTs are handled. i use energyXT for midi plugins at present and record the output to Sonar.

is it possible to add a feature that could capture the output of NORA to a midi file? no arp plugin does this but it would be very useful actually... :?:
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

is it possible to add a feature that could capture the output of NORA to a midi file?
+1
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

no arp plugin does this but it would be very useful actually.
untrue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWNI3qWjKs4
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

^ In that video the output of Cthulhu is recorded to another track. This is simple DAW routing. This is not what he's asking for. He ask for the same thing but directly from Nora, without recording to another track.

edit : grammar.
Last edited by xx JPRacer xx on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

mysticvibes wrote:
no arp plugin does this but it would be very useful actually.
untrue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWNI3qWjKs4
Actually Cthulhu does export as midi, without all that setting-up (as in the video)... But only one bar of the 'sequence'... Don't know if a recent update have changed things... But it's 'Alt+ Pattern' will drag the midi file..
Or, there is always Melodo... Which I do have issues with it's timing in Fl Studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDRA2qf8esc

Thanks for that info Rajah. Awesome!

Would be interesting to export the midi for closer inspection and manipulation in daw then throw back into nora with its new import feature etc.. lots of possibilites

TTU Youtube

Good morning,

I'd like to clarify few facts about MIDI Export from a MIDI effect plugins. I understand some people can get confused since Nora has a "piano roll" and all the piano rolls can import/export MIDI. But the truth is, that that's not a "Piano Roll", but a "Phrase editor" ;) Piano rolls can have more than 120 notes, Nora phrase editor can handle just 25. There is not a direct relationship.

Imagine Nora would be a Distortion audio effect. I'm sure that no one would ask something like "hey, how can I export the distortion effect to wav without input or recording in my host, just dragging from the plugin".

Anyway. I have been thinking about this and I have two possible workaround in my mind, that maybe could be done in future updates. But to choose the right one I need more information. Imagine Nora has mind control over the host and it can read its Pianoroll and where it starts/ends, therefore it can internally render a MIDI file and generate it. Let me know more details about what would you do with it.

btw: The concept of Melodo is totally different from Nora. It's like to compare bread and pencils :)

Your analogies are hilarious squaredheads :lol:

About reading the Daw's piano, might work if the midi from the Daw triggers the 'phrase' of nora and writes it in another pattern inside nora. Maybe similar to the mutate option? But would still like to be able to export a midi if possible too.

Serioualy though, this is looking like a really awesome app to me. Just demo'd yesterday and its awesome. Your support and the simple fact that you are listening and implementing user ideas is in itself admirable imo. Gotta feel for you though, it seems like you've been quite busy with the updates and addons and still hounded with even more wishes more often than thank you's etc. Hopefully though that appreciation will be said with a full license version. All the best and good morning. Off to bed for me :ud: :lol:

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:might work if the midi from the Daw triggers the 'phrase' of nora and writes it in another pattern inside nora
nexussynth wrote:is it possible to add a feature that could capture the output of NORA to a midi file?
For me that is easy. However the last thing I want is overdo Nora with hundreds of menus and buttons. I want to keep it straightfoward and flexible. So I need more information about things like:
1. Should that output MIDI contains the output of all tracks?
2. Should it be automatically generated, I mean, when you start playing with your keyboard, or the host start running then it would clear its contents and would start recording until you decide to export it to a MIDI. Or should it be manual, like you have a record and a stop button?

However, I cannot implement more features until the release, then I'll focus on bugfixing, then I would start to code-build again (after some small holidays :) )

Hello,

I demoed Nora a few hours this week-end, even with the limitations it's awesome, I will definitely get the V2 and be happy to support a Vst coming from Euskadi :) (saludos de un caballero de Baiona en Francia).

squaredheads wrote:For me that is easy. However the last thing I want is overdo Nora with hundreds of menus and buttons. I want to keep it straightfoward and flexible. So I need more information about things like:
1. Should that output MIDI contains the output of all tracks?
2. Should it be automatically generated, I mean, when you start playing with your keyboard, or the host start running then it would clear its contents and would start recording until you decide to export it to a MIDI. Or should it be manual, like you have a record and a stop button?

However, I cannot implement more features until the release, then I'll focus on bugfixing, then I would start to code-build again (after some small holidays :) )
Thank you for your opening statement :tu:

And not to rain on anyone's parade (or detract feature requests), for those of us with, well, erm, simple minds :hihi:, I agree - straightforward and simple is the best. I'd rather spend time on composition rather than button pushing.

In my mind, and just an opinion, if Nora was a stand alone product, I could definitely see a need and use for exporting MIDI files.

As it is implemented and requires a DAW to function, and since recording MIDI is so easy, I'm not so sure there is a need to export complete files, but hey, I do not want to stand in the way of progress either.

BTW - the REAL reason for posting is I want to thank the developers for creating such a fine program as Nora. I demo'd it over the weekend and am really looking forward to buying when the new version hits.

I signed up for the newsletter but not having received a confirmation I'm not sure it went through.

So please keep us informed here.

Thanks again for a wonderful tool! :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:As it is implemented and requires a DAW to function, and since recording MIDI is so easy, I'm not so sure there is a need to export complete files, but hey, I do not want to stand in the way of progress either.
That's the way I see it. Recording Audio/Midi should be done in the host, not in the plugin. Taking my hilarious distortion example, it's like we ask to the distortion that record output processed audio then we would able to save it as file. It's not difficult to program, but should I spend time on it?

That's open to debate. I'd like to know what other people think.

taldt33 wrote:I demoed Nora a few hours this week-end, even with the limitations it's awesome, I will definitely get the V2 and be happy to support a Vst coming from Euskadi :) (saludos de un caballero de Baiona en Francia).
Glad you liked it. yo estuve muchas veces en Baiona :)

Return to “Instruments”