Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Thank you for your patience!
The v2.8b7 update is available now.
I hope there are no more serious issues with phrases.

Cheers,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks, Attila, yet another nasty bug kicked the bucket -
after very quick testing with just a few new phrases created (for safety reasons :)) RC finally accepted new entrants in his Custom Phrases VIP-club :D
Hoping that next big test with remaining new inspectors & City Police Commissioners is coming soon :hihi:

Hi,
if i remember correctly in the idea tool we can choose only the progressions that we want to use before.
now it seems all the progressions in the Browser comes as default in the list when you switch to "Select From List"
and i have to remove dozens of them one by one if i want to use specific ones in the list..
do i miss something in latest updates? or its just a bug?
(trying in VST mode RC x64 2.8b7 Reaperx64 v4.75)

Warm Regards
Yıldırım.

I have yet to use this program without it crashing, and if I have to close it down it's because the sound keeps cutting out. I go into settings" , fix it, and it cuts out again. This is on two different Macs-a brand new one and one that is 10.6. Never again KVR! "Fool me once..."

I am sorry Norman that you had bad experiences with this program. Although many hundreds of Mac users use RC daily, sometimes there are systems where RC has stability issues. We do not know the reason for that yet.
Lots of things were rewritten and improved in the new major update that will be released in mid-December. I suggest that you should try that, because the stability is always improved with each new version.

Thanks,
Attila

yellukhan wrote:Hi,
if i remember correctly in the idea tool we can choose only the progressions that we want to use before.
now it seems all the progressions in the Browser comes as default in the list when you switch to "Select From List"
and i have to remove dozens of them one by one if i want to use specific ones in the list..
do i miss something in latest updates? or its just a bug?
(trying in VST mode RC x64 2.8b7 Reaperx64 v4.75)

Warm Regards
Yıldırım.
Dear Yıldırım,
please try this with the latest beta version, that was uploaded today. I tested the idea tool in VST mode, and I found that it worked well. It is of course possible that there was a bug, or there still is, but "Select From List" worked for me for some reason.

Thanks!
Attila

This is a status update for the VST looping bug experienced in MUTOOLS MuLab and MOTU DP8:

- good news for MuLab owners: engineers found a problem in MuLab's realtime engine and it should have been fixed in the next version (v6.1) which is expected to be published in about a week.

- MOTU engineers are aware of the problem and hope to have a fix for the next release of DP.

It is great that both companies are dealing with this issue.

Attila THANKS!
Explain to me how do so, to create a folder inside  CustomPhrases (in  Finder) became visible in the browser phrases(in RS)?
may be
must somehow make REFRESH? Thanks!
  lulukom

musicdevelopments wrote:This is a status update for the VST looping bug experienced in MUTOOLS MuLab and MOTU DP8:

- good news for MuLab owners: engineers found a problem in MuLab's realtime engine and it should have been fixed in the next version (v6.1) which is expected to be published in about a week.

- MOTU engineers are aware of the problem and hope to have a fix for the next release of DP.

It is great that both companies are dealing with this issue.
They are actually serious companies, indeed.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Hi,
seems idea tool doesn't allow instrument selection

Instrument Selection : "Select One" (list is working) / Instrument: "Select" = list is not working.
2.8b9 x64

edit
ill do more test tomorrow but its same when adding new track Instrument selection doesn't work
i cannot switch instrument to midi outs it sticks with default piano sf2

edit2
ok i found a workaround: drag GM / No Patch Change preset from Instrument browser to track .

I am running the new beta of RC v2.8b9 x64 on Windows 8.1, and I came across a strange issue when selecting instruments for a track:
Many of the instruments are showing up duplicated multiple times in the "Instrument" selection drop-down list.

This "duplicitous" behavior is also present in the "Use GM SoundFont" selection drop-down list in the MIDI import tool:

I was wondering if moving the ".rcINST" files out of the Soundfonts folder and restarting RC would help by forcing RC to reinitialize the soundfont instruments. Bad idea! It just caused RC to crash every time on startup. Once I moved the ".rcINST" files back into the Soundfonts folder, RC did not crash anymore on startup.

Also, after editing a new or existing composition and then pressing the close window button in the upper-right corner, RC just immediately closes. Should RC be prompting me with the option to save my edited work before quitting?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

On my MAC OS X a similar situation! Select instrument impossible!

lulukom wrote:On my MAC OS X a similar situation! Select instrument impossible!
Back in the "New Features" thread, Attila did mention that he found a bug in the Instrument Menu:
musicdevelopments wrote:Hi lulukom!

The latest beta version v2.8b9 is available now for Windows and OS X!

EDIT: v2.8b9 will be uploaded again, as I found a bug in the instrument menu. It will be available in about an hour.
EDIT2: the final v2.8b9 is available now

Thanks,
Attila
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I am sorry for this instrument menu bug, working on the issue.
Not just the instrument browser but all the underlying database handling was rewritten from scratch, so bugs like this are possible.
I will do my best to upload an update today so that you can continue using the program.

Thanks!
Attila

Hi Attila!
Thank you for the new beta!
In general, leaves a good impression!
Much better became synchronization!
Now for the problems ...
The most difficult thing - it is understand with new phrase the browser ...
Sorry, but I have not yet managed to understand the logic of working with this browser !
In fact, as I understand it, he was made to make the job easier, but so far everything has become more difficult (could be a problem in me)))
I understood from the announcement that there should be a direct relationship with Finder ...
But how would I did not change folders in Finder - I do not see changes in the browser phrases .
I have met before (in other music programs) REFRESH button to convert species of files and folders in the browser same form as a species Finder ...
Drag and drop phrases from the track to the browser also does not work yet (
How to rename the phrase is also not clear ...
How to return the original appearance of the folders in the browser?
How to move a a phrase from one folder to another?
How to use a search box that is at the bottom of the browser?
I tried to enter my name phrases - without results!
How to use a search box that is at the bottom of the browser?
I tried to enter my name phrases - without results!
By the way, what is this icon as a "funnel" above the search box?
It seems to me necessary for some brief but understandable manual to work with browsers!
I really liked the preview function for phrases - well done and convenient!
But how to add tags? By clicking on the green cross to add a tag
(Or I did not understand how to do this?), RS crash!
But how to add tags? By clicking on the green cross to add a tag
(Or I did not understand how to do this?), RS crash!
By the way, at the opening of the composition again, I see that is not saved horizontal zoom and open browsers windows!

And of course this is only the beginning!))
Thank you for your work!
Sincerely lulukom

Return to “MusicDevelopments”