Please Bitwig Add a right click erase in the Piano roll !!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xbitz wrote:in FL Studio the mouse is the primary input device, other DAW users can use the MIDI keyboards too :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTBGAijU6i8

Well true that lol. however i dont see any fault at making the pianoroll and midi keyboards better both at same time. Its not like one feature have to suck to let the other be good. I wrote to techsupport about my thoughts about pianoroll, and i suggest others to do that if they have the same thing in mind. But its still the most fun daw even though hehe :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

summer2000 wrote:
Redukt wrote:i think the best solution would be to add another edit tool that behaves just like the "Pen"-tool but:

01. Erases notes with a right click
02. Allows to move and shorten/lengthen notes with pressed left mouse button
03. Select notes via Ctrl-left mouse click

That's all i really want. It is so tiresome to constantly switch beween pointer and pen tool, imho.
+1 on this feature request. We need a tool like this in the editor. :pray:
+1

Bitwig should check out Geists multi tool. It would be a great addition to piano roll.

And i cant wait for a modifier key to stop the bloody 'memory' of the pen tool. I dont know how many times ive drawn in 16ths then zoom out to draw in 1 bar pads and then there are ghost 16ths that are near invisible.

xbitz wrote:in FL Studio the mouse is the primary input device, other DAW users can use the MIDI keyboards too :hihi:
dump score log is for mouse clicker?...

Mixcraft7 (which looks like Bitwig for non elelctronic musicians :D) found an intermediate solution
mixcraft.png
they put the delete note to the bottom of the context menu, and it's working nicely/fast/naturally :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:Mixcraft7 (which looks like Bitwig for non elelctronic musicians :D) found an intermediate solution

they put the delete note to the bottom of the context menu, and it's working nicely/fast/naturally :wink:

Is this a joke??
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Why is this so controversial?

Right click, hold and drag just works so nicely in FL, one of the many reasons users laud the piano roll.

Also left click hold and draw notes would be nice, I hate drawing notes in Bitwig the way it is now

Current Bitwig implementation is slow and un ergonomic
Amazon: why not use an alternative

nicogrubert wrote:As a long term FL User (since v1.0) I agree that the piano roll of FL Studio just rocks! I tried Cubase, Logic, Reaper, Sonar, Presonus Studio, Ableton Live... nothing beats FL's piano roll.
And if I remember correctly Fruity's piano roll is named very often when it comes to best piano roll. Strange, that other's DAW developers do not adopt the ideas from FL's piano roll to their own product.

For me, it's a no-go to choose a tool from a context menu in order to be able to set notes and delete notes for instance. Setting notes, moving notes, adjusting note length, selecting notes, deleting notes should be possible with just 2 mouse buttons without having to select a tool from a context menu to do so.
You can do all that with just one mouse button in Ableton and Bitwig :wink:
Last edited by Puusti on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's about speed, not basic functionality. Of course i can do all that in every piano roll in every DAW. But FL Studio's piano roll (or Sonar's, as far as i have seen) does it a lot quicker and more intuitive.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Why is this so controversial?

Right click, hold and drag just works so nicely in FL, one of the many reasons users laud the piano roll.

Also left click hold and draw notes would be nice, I hate drawing notes in Bitwig the way it is now

Current Bitwig implementation is slow and un ergonomic
Its not that slow. I tend to use ctrl+x for delete instead of the 'delete' or 'backspace' key as its easier to reach with my left hand.

Its some of the midi functions that keep me firing up FLS. The main one recently, has been to use the strum routine for guitar-ifying chords.

I previously objected to the right click delete, though I mainly use the pointer tool for most things and like having access to the right click context menu. I really don't want that to lose that, as its so useful for me. Saves me having to go back to the inspector and wearing out my mouse ;)

Changes to the pen tool, could be very useful, including right click delete. If the lovely developers do decide to give the pen tool an upgrade, it would also be nice to have a monophonic mode (modifier key?). That would be great for bass lines etc, as you just keep drawing notes, and would not have to manually delete old ones that over lap. I may even start using the pen tool then :)

Yeah, monophonic mode (Alt+click?) for pen tool would be awesome.

+1

+1 for updating PEN with monophonic mode (with a modifier, Alt+click or similar).
+1 for replacing PEN's current right-click menu with delete key.
Also +1 as mentioned elsewhere for auto-scrolling piano roll while moving the note vertically (EDIT: USING KEYBOARD CURSOR KEYS) so that note doesn't leave the limits of current piano roll.
Last edited by c-wave on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

So how do we draw a continuous line of notes, or delete without selecting them first........ You can't
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I have to agree, bitwig piano roll is a bit slow to work with. Hopefully the bitwig guys will give some love to piano roll in future updates^^. And yes, FL piano roll is just GREAT.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:So how do we draw a continuous line of notes, or delete without selecting them first........ You can't
Pen tool:
left-click: draw note (nothing changed).
left-click and drag: draw and drag to preferred size (nothing changed).
Alt-left-click: monophonic mode (described above).
right-click: delete.

Return to “Bitwig”