Wav files as tracks in a Mulab session

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Jo

When importing a wav file "xxxxx.wav" as new audio track in Mulab, Mulab recreates a wav files, resampled and called "xxxxx-resampled44100.wav".

That's right.

But... it creates this new file in the source directory. And that's a problem.

First the source directory can be Read Only.

And second, I think that it would be far better to have this new file in the Mulab session directory.
  1. It would prevent a change in the source directory (imagine if it is a library of sounds in a CD for example, precisely I'm working currently with sounds (purchased) of old steam locomotives as effects).
  2. But also it would allow to have everything in the session directory.
I'm currently working with another user of Mulab... and when I send him my session directory (to let him add his part of work to the composition)... it doesn't contain these resampled sounds used a audio tracks, so he can't do anything with my work. He must have the exact reproduction of the tree which contains my sounds on my hard disk, and that strong constraint would be useless if the resampled files were in the session directory.

Could it be possible to fix it?

Thank you!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

If I understand your problem correctly it could be
solved if you under - SESSION - use the function - Manage audio/Sample files.

A popup window appears where you can choose what to do, including
copy all waves into the tracks audio folder.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Thank you!

I'm going to try this option that I didn't see.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:When importing a wav file "xxxxx.wav" as new audio track in Mulab, Mulab recreates a wav files, resampled and called "xxxxx-resampled44100.wav".
Indeed, but only if the samplerate of the audio file differs from the audio engine's sample rate.
And second, I think that it would be far better to have this new file in the Mulab session directory.
An advantage of creating the resampled file in the source folder is that it only needs to be resampled once. When it would be resampled in the sessions' audio folder then it would not be (immediately) visible to other sessions.

In case of a read-only source folder you could copy the audio file to a writable location.

And sbj's tip about the "Manage Audio/Sample Files" also is a great relevant tip.

Hope you find a fluent workflow using these tips, else pls feedback.

mutools wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:When importing a wav file "xxxxx.wav" as new audio track in Mulab, Mulab recreates a wav files, resampled and called "xxxxx-resampled44100.wav".
Indeed, but only if the samplerate of the audio file differs from the audio engine's sample rate.
An advantage of creating the resampled file in the source folder is that it only needs to be resampled once. When it would be resampled in the sessions' audio folder then it would not be (immediately) visible to other sessions.

In case of a read-only source folder you could copy the audio file to a writable location.

And sbj's tip about the "Manage Audio/Sample Files" also is a great relevant tip.

Hope you find a fluent workflow using these tips, else pls feedback.
Sorry for the late answer but all have to say is: NEAT! Nice tip! Great thanks to sbj and you Jo!
:tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”