The alternative sucessor of Albino

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

In your opinion, which Linplug/Papen vsti synth should be the alternative substitute for Albino? The more closer related presets sounds to Albino.

I was listening to the Spectral sounds demo and I think it has more Dance, Techno oriented sounds. Since programming is not my intention at the moment I would like to have a much closer preset bank for my genre of music. Albino used to have great sounds in that way.

Thank you

Are you excluding Predator? Because that was the successor to Albino.

other option would be Blue2 - can do either fm or 6 osc subractive (or lots of fun hybrid modes) so can sound very 'big' and comes with a staggering number of presets (for people who don't want to program it).

Thank you very much.

No, I am not excluding Predator. Just wondering which synth could sound similar to Albino and maybe Blue is the closest to Albino.

I think I must try it.

Thank you

Generally if you are looking for a certain sound, it depends if you more talk about the basic sound of the synth or the character of the presets. The basic sounds of our synth is different for each of them, but certainly also has a common aspect as we share a lot of code, especially when it proved well.
The Rob Papen character in sounds you will find in all his products, of course.

Predator was a crossgrade offer from Rob Papen, not a successor of Albino, just as we did a crossgrade offer to Spectral (which is too not a successor).
In my opinion Blue has a much different synth sound, predator is closer basic sound wise. I would say that from our products Spectral is closest. Hope this helps.

Ok Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I think I will need to try and hear all the demos in order to find out what I am looking for.

All the best.

Return to “LinPlug”