Airwave - yet another WINE VST bridge for Linux (April 12 update)

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for the kind offer of help phantom-one but I don't know if that would be possible for me to do. I use funtoo, a fork of gentoo, so I would need to build everything inside the virtual box. I may be able to do that but it would take quite a long time to do. I know it would be easiest for you to just have a poke around and look at things first hand but there isn't any other way? Maybe if you could some things I could check then I could report back?
linux

Ok, then maybe you can record a screencast (I would recommend using recordmydesktop for this task)? I need to see the process of loading VST plugin in the Renoise, its output to the terminal and airwave-utility's "Log messages" at the same time. I know, you've already put these logs here, but maybe I could find something strange when I see it by myself.

I've actually managed to solve this. I was just about to build a clone of my machine inside a virtualbox when I realized there were two differences between my version of renoise and the 32 bit version I downloaded, 1) 32 bit 2) location. I downloaded a fresh version of the 64 bit renoise and ran it locally from my downloads folder and it worked as perfectly as the 32 bit version did. So it seems there was something wrong with the installed version I had. I removed what I had, installed it again and now I can use airwave!!

I can't believe that it was so easy to solve after nearly tearing my hair out and delving in to the depths of multilib in gentoo! I just want to say thank you to phantom-one, I really appreciate all the help you gave and the work you have done on airwave.
linux

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear, that you've solved this issue ;-)

Hi, thanks for your work! I have a painful problem on Fedora 21 x86_64 with Bitwig x64 (I've tried both develop and master branches and also the StudioDave's airwave tarball but nothing has changed). I use the NI Kontakt 4 and iZotope Ozone trial VSTs. Everything is OK until I try to close the winVST GUI. Then audio engine simply crashes and doesn't response. If I try to reopen a plugin it becomes black. Well, the second problem is possibly related to the first: audio engine crashes when I try to remove winVST from a track. Bitwig trying to "save plug-in states" for a long time and then reports about problem with saving states for these plugins. So I need to restart my DAW everytime. It's so sad that I can't use windows VSTs even when they actually work. :c

Code: Select all

"1421320680.970403087    Kontakt4.so : Unhandled dispatch event: effGetEffectName"
Maybe this is the reason? I can't see any other error in my airwave-utility logs.

Thanks!
perkelekurat.

lol, suddenly my problem has solved. it was because of openbox which i used as my WM. apparently it doesn't implement something which is needed by the Airwave.

Could you share the details? A lot of people use openbox, and more are on the way,
so knowing what is missing would be good luck.
Cheers

glokraw wrote:Could you share the details? A lot of people use openbox, and more are on the way,
so knowing what is missing would be good luck.
Cheers
currently there is nothing significant to tell about :( i've tried to compare the airwave log from both the openbox session and xfce4. they are actually the same. so my next step was to check out openbox logs using the --debug flag. and there was no visible difference in opening/closing between the native vst (zebra 2) and the windows VST inside this log.

it would be better if someone with openbox tried to check if it works too.

It get's murky sometimes, some systems have things labeled 'suggestions',
that others demand as dependencies, links point to renamed libs in distant
lib folders, with enough graphics lib configs to wallpaper a mansion.
But in the end, it works 8)

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi,

after several problem to install airwaves on my ubuntu (similar with Devogene's),
i've got "make" to return me this error :

Code: Select all (#)

Linking CXX executable airwave-host-32
CMakeFiles/airwave-host-32.dir/__/common/dataport.cpp.o:dataport.cpp:function Airwave::DataPort::waitForReady(sem_t*, int): error: undefined reference to 'clock_gettime'
CMakeFiles/airwave-host-32.dir/__/common/eventsignal.cpp.o:eventsignal.cpp:function Airwave::EventSignal::wait(int): error: undefined reference to 'clock_gettime'
CMakeFiles/airwave-host-32.dir/__/common/logger.cpp.o:logger.cpp:function loggerLogMessage(char const*, ...): error: undefined reference to 'clock_gettime'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
winegcc: g++ failed
make[2]: *** [host/airwave-host-32] Erreur 2
make[1]: *** [host/CMakeFiles/airwave-host-32.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2
Somes says that i should put a "-lrt" somewhere... I tried to install some (all) rt libraries... No success.
Help, please !

for people wich succesfully plugged it... (bridged....or what) i will like to know how this looks like in bitwig, please will u ?

(random no linux VST/i)

for my 4-axis joy i use qpadder..damn"
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

Hello,
Here's my problem:

djiwome@djiwome-p6-2053fr:~/airwave$ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/airwave -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" -DVSTSDK_PATH=/home/djiwome/airwave/VST3SDK
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/djiwome" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

Any idea? I'm on ubuntu studio 14-04
Thanks for your help

elieoblomov wrote:Hello,
Here's my problem:

djiwome@djiwome-p6-2053fr:~/airwave$ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/airwave -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" -DVSTSDK_PATH=/home/djiwome/airwave/VST3SDK
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/djiwome" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

Any idea? I'm on ubuntu studio 14-04
Thanks for your help
Assuming the indicated path is your airwave source directory and the file CMakeLists.txt is in that directory:

Code: Select all

cd /home/djiwone/airwave
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
ccmake .
make
sudo make install
The ccmake step is optional but it lets you fine-tune the configuration.

HTH,

dp

Thanks a lot for your answer but I have another problem:

djiwome@djiwome-p6-2053fr:~/airwave/build$ make
Scanning dependencies of target airwave-host-32
[ 1%] Building CXX object host/CMakeFiles/airwave-host-32.dir/__/common/dataport.cpp.o
[ 3%] Building CXX object host/CMakeFiles/airwave-host-32.dir/__/common/eventsignal.cpp.o
[ 5%] Building CXX object host/CMakeFiles/airwave-host-32.dir/__/common/filesystem.cpp.o
[ 7%] Building CXX object host/CMakeFiles/airwave-host-32.dir/__/common/logger.cpp.o
[ 8%] Building CXX object host/CMakeFiles/airwave-host-32.dir/__/common/vsteventkeeper.cpp.o
[ 10%] Building CXX object host/CMakeFiles/airwave-host-32.dir/host.cpp.o
In file included from /home/djiwome/airwave/host/host.cpp:3:0:
/home/djiwome/airwave/host/slaveunit.h:7:34: fatal error: wine/windows/windows.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
#include <wine/windows/windows.h>

It's ok.
I've changed my version of wine!

Return to “Bitwig”