Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

The difference between the Mac PPG3 1.0.5 of the 8th December version and the 12th December version was about 40 MB! I wonder what they did there (or what they initially forgot)....

ZINO wrote:The difference between the Mac PPG3 1.0.5 of the 8th December version and the 12th December version was about 40 MB! I wonder what they did there (or what they initially forgot)....
The presets seemed to be mising in the previous version for OSX.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

C.Bennett wrote:Does Largo and PPG Wave 3.V still use an eLicenser dongle?
Yes it does, same with Lector. The only Waldorf product without is the Walodrf Edition that uses a simple serial.
Anyway it is also possible to use a soft eLicenser while the dongle seems to be the recommended and safer method. With the dongle you simply put it into any other computer and the plugins will work there.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Yes it does, same with Lector. The only Waldorf product without is the Walodrf Edition that uses a simple serial. Anyway it is also possible to use a soft eLicenser while the dongle seems to be the recommended and safer method. With the dongle you simply put it into any other computer and the plugins will work there.
That's a shame. I'll need to keep passing on it until they move to a simple serial or challenge/response. I don't like the soft license risk and I'm done having a USB key hanging out of my laptop on the commute.

Hopefully, like Arturia, Waldorf will see sense and move to a more flexible solution. I'd buy them all in a heartbeat - especially PPG Wave 3.V.

Until then, it's a pass. :(

The Waldorf Nave plugin Beta has started:
https://twitter.com/nlogmusic

I am under NDA for this so i could not post details except what is posted in public like e.g. at Twitter.
As mentioned there the plugin is re-coded from scratch and not just the code from the iPad re-used.

UPDATE:
This is about a PLUGIN version, not for a mobile App...

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:The Waldorf Nave plugin Beta has started:
https://twitter.com/nlogmusic

I am under NDA for this so i could not post details except what is posted in public like e.g. at Twitter.
As mentioned there the plugin is re-coded from scratch and not just the code from the iPad re-used.

Ingo
Got all excited then saw ts an app :( sorry refuse to that rotten bunch my money. :tu:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/nave-overview

It's the VST plugin beta, if i understand it right. :)

chk071 wrote:It's the VST plugin beta, if i understand it right. :)
Yes, this is true. There will be all plugin formats as with the recent Waldorf updates (including 64-bit, VST3, AAX etc.). I guess this is all i am allowed to say at the moment.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
chk071 wrote:It's the VST plugin beta, if i understand it right. :)
Yes, this is true. There will be all plugin formats as with the recent Waldorf updates (including 64-bit, VST3, AAX etc.). I guess this is all i am allowed to say at the moment.
ooh makes me fickle...interesting, now im interested :-)

To all the beta testers, Ingo and Waldorf, its been a while coming (so pleased Waldorf opened this up more to the community with the 64 bit versions) and gradually all the bugs have and continue to be squashed, this last release (OSX) has been the best most efficient (64 bit) since I have owned Largo and my all time favourite PPG3V from release, crap load of work and effort to get these shipshape.They both sound incredible and the efficiencies are clear to see.Thanks.
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

Yes the 64bit version of Largo i´ve been waiting for is really efficient in comparision to the first version 1.5 i´ve buyed.

But unfortunately there is a bug with the GUI in the 64bit Version.

>(it was possible to get a crash of Cubase when opening + closing the GUI while playing automation)<

The crash within Cubase was fixed, but Cubase still freeze when opening the Largo GUI while using an Automation for the Largo plug.

I use Cubase 7.5/8 64 bit with Win 8.1. and the Intel HD4600 graphics of the I7 4770 CPU.

Is here anyone who can verify this bug ?

Besides the Beta of the Nave plugin (see above) the Waldorf developers are also working on another new product (not allowed to tell what this is yet, same for details about the Nave PC/Mac plugin beyond what is published at Twitter by the developer...).

This means that until February there should not be any new updates for existing plugins like Largo, PPG Wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition while it does not mean that you could not report new bugs for those here. Those will be collected (usually by myself...) and as many fixes as possible included with a next update.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
while the dongle seems to be the recommended and safer method. With the dongle you simply put it into any other computer and the plugins will work there.

The truth is that if the dongle is not at your computer or could not been read it kills your whole project, because your DAW will crash at once!

It would be ok that the plugin is not working any more with some information that the dongle is missing, but even when cubase from the same company is starting and reads the plugins it crashes when the dongle is not present. Then you have to go to your vst folder and throw this plugins out till you have your dongle handy again.

This is a very bad behavier, kills your inspiration and shows how far this developers are from there customers,
was talking to several guys about this on musikmesse the last years but no interest!

jowen wrote:The truth is that if the dongle is not at your computer or could not been read it kills your whole project, because your DAW will crash at once!
I guess it depends which DAW. Reaper doesn't crash in this scenario from my experience. :)

Yeah I've not come across any host that crashes - what's annoying is that they usually blacklist the plugin and you have to unblacklist and rescan. I guess Cubase crashes because it also needs the dongle, if so that is definitely stupid behaviour - a graceful error message should be sufficient. What I would prefer is that plugins don't get blacklisted though, maybe they could run in demo mode until the dongle is present?

Return to “Instruments”