.gpx interpretation testing results

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Revised to show staccatos are working.
Ample Guitar Tab Player Supported GP6 Articulations.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by stevea78070 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thank you for your detailed report! We will take a look at the staccato issue. In 2.0 you can adjust the vibrato intensity if you feel it's not strong enough.

Thanks, Jie. I know you guys are working hard on 2.0. The staccato issue isn't a show-stopper at all. I put together a 2-minute classical-style piece last night in Guitar Pro 6, and I have to say the tab player and AGL rendered it beautifully. I was completely impressed. Because the tab player respects the host's tempo, you can add slow downs and speed ups at appropriate moments with a tempo track, resulting in a much more realistic performance. Adding 10 to 25% velocity humanization and adjusting the sample ranges also adds to the "live" feel. Because of the voicing of the piece I was working on, I discovered I got much better results by creating separate tracks in GP6 for "fingers" and "thumb," which gave me separate control over the bass line's articulations and dynamics. Then, in my host, I used two instances of AGL, one playing the finger track, the other the thumb track at the same time.

Also, completing the score in GP 6 took a fraction of the time compared to direct MIDI with (I have to admit) better results. So right now I'm a big fan of the tab player. Of course it's AGL's pristine sound that makes it all worth it - so great job! Best of luck on 2.0.

Can you post your tab with staccato problem here or send us by email? We made a simple test with staccato but found no problem.

Guys - I'm so sorry. I deleted the "bad" tab. The good news is that I just tried adding staccatos to my test file (measure 6) and they work just fine! That's great. Here is my test file anyway. Also, I'll replace the previous report with a new version to show that staccatos work. I also reorganized the chart to show the supported GP6 articulations on the left, not-supported on the right.

Apologies for the false negative. I work in the software field myself - and it happens frequently where the customer reports a problem but then when take a look everything works fine and the issue goes away. The strange thing is that I did replicate this issue the day I reported it - and now it's working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ample Sound”