Sundog Scales with Bitwig?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is anyone using Sundog Scales with Bitwig? If so, how do you hook it up since bitwig can't change the midi channel per track?

Hi, I was able to hook it up using TomsGenericKeyboard.control.js found here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Thoma ... control.js

That gives you 16 channels to work with.

Ahhh, thank you! Got it working with multiple channels!

However, after recording something in Sundog, I try to drag the midi into Bitwig and just get a red "Not Allowed" circle. Any trick for importing the midi from Sundog into Bitwig?

No problem. To get the midi into Bitwig I first "Export Midi file (all channels)" from Sundog, then drag it from Bitwig's Browser into your track. You may have to move the MIDI to the right tracks. This is an annoying work around until full drag-and-drop is supported.

cool! Thanks again, I'll give that a shot this evening.

awesome app. just got it as well, really nice. You can also just hit record in Bitwig and let it play the file, no need to export it.

^ Yep, what I was gonna suggest.

Only prob is latency if you are using 2 computers and sending over LAN. Not that bad though but requires you move the MIDI to the proper timing.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

feels like cheating with this app, but hey.. :D

Interesting tool.
Midi drag and drop into BWS works for me on Windows 8.1.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Interesting tool.
Midi drag and drop into BWS works for me on Windows 8.1.

Cheers,

Tom

Weird. I'm on OSX mavericks, no drag and drop in my Bitwig. Although drag and drop works fine in Logic X for me.

I'll try the recording from bitwig as well.

doesn't work here either. Also 10.9.5

yeah, drag and drop works for me on windows 7, but no luck with OSX. Sundog is fun little app to play around with when sitting on the couch with the laptop and without a midi keyboard.

just sent a mail to tech support.

Return to “Bitwig”