App missing from Launchpad (OS X Mavericks)

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently installed all six Ample Sound guitars on my new Macbook Pro, but I only see AGM in my Launchpad. How do I get the others to show up?

What DAW are you using and any error report?

I'm using Pro Tools 11. The AAX plugins work fine, it is the stand alone apps that are not showing up in Launchpad.

You can open application folder to find other standalones.

Hey Chris, just wanted to mention that I also wish this worked as we would expect it to. The response assumes that perhaps we didn't "get" that we could go into the folder structure to launch them... heh. Well, I for one would love to launch them the way I launch every other app on my system. I often use plugins with standalone versions just as if I was picking up an instrument or sitting down at a keyboard and want to play a bit. Yep! I have a lot of them and I expect them to all be handy, Launchpad is a great way to accomplish that.

The way it works on my system is that I only ever see the first guitar I purchased (AGM) in launchpad... AGT and AGG are sitting right next to it in the applications folder and regardless of what I do they never have icons or show up in the integrated search built into Launchpad.

Anyway I am not here to rake the Ample guys over the coals... Its not a huge deal for me, just a bit inconvenient and who knows, perhaps it will work itself out when I quit dragging my feet and let Mac OX upgrade itself to Yosemite. Truth is, I love the software and would still love it even if they had not provided a standalone "host". I just wanted to voice my opinion that their replies seems a wee bit dismissive, Not sure why software companies feel they have to do that, but I sure see it a lot. : )

All standalone versions launch the same application - AGHost. It appears that only the first library that you install is the one that will show up in Launchpad. Going into Applications folder and launching one of the other subsequently-installed products, seems to simply be launching the same application, (AGHost) with a different library loaded.

This is only an educated guess on my part, but it seems the reason the other subsequently-installed libraries can not be added to the Launchpad is you can't add the same Application twice. What seems to confirm this to me is that I've had other random applications not show up in Launchpad, and there are workarounds to get them into Launchpad (e.g. drag the .app file onto the Launchpad icon). But these workarounds do not work for the additional standalone files from Ample Sound.

Perhaps the Ample folks can confirm this?

Hi, there will be only one AGHost in the next update in which you can choose which plugin to load.

Return to “Ample Sound”