t6 clues???

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Linux is getting the new Elastique Pro algorithm

We are looking for a dedicated Linux developer this year - will be attending the Linux Audio Convention prior to Musikmesse also

We have added a 'donate' button to the Linux page so you guys can help us fund a dedicated dev path for it :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Is there still no Insert plugin for using external hardware (comps, etc.)?

So you can easily insert hardware - simply route a track output via your hardware and back in to another track - you can even run a round trip latency check on the loop to set an adjustment while recording

TSC wrote:So you can easily insert hardware - simply route a track output via your hardware and back in to another track - you can even run a round trip latency check on the loop to set an adjustment while recording
I reported what I see as a bug with the latency measurements. It sends the test signal out all outputs making it difficult to trace the time of a single path, at least that was my impression.

TSC wrote:So you can easily insert hardware - simply route a track output via your hardware and back in to another track - you can even run a round trip latency check on the loop to set an adjustment while recording
It should all happen within 1 track. Every other DAW has a plugin for this. Wasting a track for this is a bit impractical if you have a fair amount of outboard gear to use. Additionally, what if you want to use an outboard compressor on the master?

bhmcc wrote:
It should all happen within 1 track. Every other DAW has a plugin for this. Wasting a track for this is a bit impractical if you have a fair amount of outboard gear to use. Additionally, what if you want to use an outboard compressor on the master?
"Every other DAW has a plugin for this"

i don't know if this statement holds true. i guess not ...

klangbastler wrote:
bhmcc wrote:
"Every other DAW has a plugin for this"

i don't know if this statement holds true. guess not ...
Fair enough... I don't know that for sure. But I have owned and used Logic, Pro Tools, Reaper, Cubase & Cakewalk/Sonar and they all have an Insert plugin. Not sure why this would be a problem. I'd even take a rack that would do it as long as it all happens within a single track and will correctly compensate for latency. I've tried to set this up but was unable to get it to work.
I truly love the Tracktion work flow but still have to mix in another DAW since I really want to use my outboard gear.

i agree, that something like an insertplugin would simplify things greatly in that regard.
i like the idea of a special "insert-rack", that is pre-equipped with hardware out/in. it would even make this more versatile, than a simple insertplug.

klangbastler wrote: "insert-rack"
Nice idea!

and the word seems just perfect ...

take notes woody!
this is the ultimate tracktion feature, building upon one of its specialties :D

It's Groundhog day; six more weeks of winter as the little rodent saw his shadow this year.

Which begs the question: when Woody wakes up today, will we get a T6 announcement if he sees his shadow?
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

I like it too - got rather geeked by all the synth madness at NAMM - been thinking about ways we can insert various hardware tools into the workflow

Hope to have T6 out this week - fighting off a filthy man flu right now :(

Rather confused by a second T6 video that appeared on YouTube on Saturday. 9m11 long and just contained the stuff from the initial video twice.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

External hardware effects normally require an extra in and out or a pair of each. Eeee, luxury!
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:External hardware effects normally require an extra in and out or a pair of each. Eeee, luxury!
Yup - that's why I have 24 I/O and patchbays...they are almost full.

Return to “Tracktion”