Is it possible to save custom instrument presets?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys!

Recently made the switch from LPX (Power user) to Bitwig and this is one of the features I'm having trouble finding. I literally opened Bitwig for the first time about an hour ago and so besides noodling around and getting used to the GUI I've not done much else. I've been looking for a way to save Polysynth patches so I can recall them later on, is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance 8)

Yes there is :) go down to the device panel and click the two little arrows in the corner and it'll open up the macros and you can save it there :)
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

Or you can drag the device to the browser.

I group all devices and save the whole group, is there also a way to store the midi file with it?

And congrats Tim!

If you drag a midi clip into the browser, it is getting saved along and when you drag that preset back into an empty area, the whole track with all devices and that clip you dragged is recreated.

For more elaborate things and full tracks it may be best to have a second project open and drag and drop the tracks from and to it.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Thank you for all your help guys! Time to build up my patch library!

TimTelevisor wrote:Thank you for all your help guys! Time to build up my patch library!
Yea I don't even save presets in the plug in anymore! It's so much better to save them in BWS
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

ThomasHelzle wrote:If you drag a midi clip into the browser, it is getting saved along and when you drag that preset back into an empty area, the whole track with all devices and that clip you dragged is recreated.

For more elaborate things and full tracks it may be best to have a second project open and drag and drop the tracks from and to it.

Cheers,

Tom
oh thanks so much - I was looking for "export midi clip" feature and found your post. I did file>export midi> but that of course still picks all midi tracks...

Hey Guys, Ive just started using bitwig and am trying to save some vst patches. The problem Im having is that the controller assignments I am making are not saving with the presets. Yes the Macros save but I need more than 8 mappings to really get into a synth. If any of you have know a way around this or if I am doing something wrong when saving please let me know.

parampage.png
u can add as many param page as u want, press the "+" (can be renamed it from default using ctrl + click) make the assignments using drag and drop then save them with third icon (arrow into a folder)

the result above looks like this on Push

the assignments can be found in the Documents\Bitwig Studio\Auto Mappings folder, worth to backup up it time to time (unfortunately it uses vst-GENERATED INDEX so dunno how can be found a given or specific VST)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

-deleted-
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Bitwig”