Round Badge Kit Kontakt Pack or BFD Pack

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi I'm new to Drumdrops and was hoping any other users might give me some thoughts about whether to purchase the Kontakt Pack or the BFD Pack? I very rarely use Kontakt as my drum source but likewise although I have BFD 3, I tend to go with Superior or EZ Drummer. Would anybody be able to advise relative merits of the 2 formats?
Thanks for any comments.
Don

Could be a tricky one to answer as most of the customers probably have one or the other rather than both. It really depends on which piece of software you are probably more comfortable using. They are both good. I would say the benefit of the BFD3 software is it is all about drums and the features they build are just about this. The Kontakt version is our custom build for Kontakt which as you know gets used for all sorts of instruments and due to the way it is coded it presents limitations to us as developers. However the kontakt version is great too. Both use pretty much the same amount of samples. Both have MIDI grooves. Our Kontakt version comes with some nice convolution reverbs but I think they both are great. You could check out one of our other kontakt packs first to see how it all works by buying the Yamaha Hybrid kit - this is currently only £ 5.00 and it will have all the features we use in the Kontakt version of the Gretsch (except the sounds). Any other thoughts from customers would be appreciated...

Really appreciate the reply, I knew it might not provoke too much response but a guys gotta try, hey? I'm loving the sound of round so I think I'll take a route & go with BFD version & I may pick up one of the Kontakt libs as well. Then I can call for myself.
Thanks
Don

OK so I went with the BFD version, I figured it better to have dedicated drums in a VST instrument (I also picked up Yamaha Hybrid kit for Kontakt 'cos its a great deal but not tried that yet).
I have a problem and it may be user error but can someone clarify what Kit presets I should be able to see and preferably what their names are? I have many individual drums but assumed I would also see Gretsch Round Soul Kit Full or similar (and maybe variations to that). Any suggestions where the Kits are installed (PC Win 7)?

Same here, on a Mac. Individual drums are there, but no kits or presets. I installed it using the BFD3 option. Maybe the installer does something wrong? I send the Drumdrops guys a mail!

We've been having one or two problems with the Kit and Preset files not appearing immediately in the menus.

There should be four of each - one for each snare included in the pack.

I've spoken to the guys at FXspansion and they think there could be a bug in BFD itself.

The people I've spoken to so far have managed to resolve the issue by unzipping the file again and reinstalling - it seems sometimes the files don't install properly after the file is unzipped the first time.

Make sure that when the file is unzipped that you can see the kit and preset files in the payload folder.

You'll probably need to rescan the data paths as well after re-installing. It may also be worth trying to use different unzipping software as well if possible....

Hi there,

I *think* I found the problem: After installing, BFD seems to rescan, but what it really does is just scanning the content paths that are set in the "Content Locations" manager (accessible also via the "Tools" menu). Obviously, the system paths (on a Mac: Library -> Application support -> FXPansion) are not rescanned - but that's where the kits and preset files of the Round Badge Kit are copied to. It would be much wiser if BFD would rescan all content paths after authorizing a new library, really...

So actually, after using the "Rescan **ALL** content Paths" option (and not "Rescan Selected Paths) in the location manager, it finally showed up here.

Sounding great, btw! ;-)

All the best

TQ

tq wrote:So actually, after using the "Rescan **ALL** content Paths" option (and not "Rescan Selected Paths) in the location manager, it finally showed up here.
Likewise, rescan all has made 4 kits visible.
Thanks tq

Glad to help!

Return to “Drumdrops”