Strange Melda Plugin Bug

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a bit of a weird one. Adding any plugin from melda production to an existing project that was saved before the most recent update will crash the plugin. It will always load correctly on the 4th reload though.
This problem doesn't exist on projects created post update or fresh projects.

Running 1.1.6 on Win764 with 24GB ram and 3.3 quad.
Melda plugins at 8.10

To recreate just add an eq or something from meldaproduction to a project that was created pre 1.1.6

That´s working for me. There are other troubles with melda and bitwig for me, last information was to use "bit-bridge only" (bitwig preferences) and the 32bit version of the plugin.

The bit-bridge only option solved most of my troubles with vst.

I've actually found the problem and solution here. The issue occurs only when the project contains instances of Melda plugins that were used before the 8.10 melda plugin update. If you you have used melda plugins in a project and then updated them plugins, they will load on initializing the project but adding more will cause this issue. The solution is to first remove all melda plugins that were added pre 8.10 and re-add them. Saving presets first where necessary obviously.
I have not encountered any other issues using the 64bit melda plugins in bitwig.

Although I respect the need to report these bugs officially to tech support, I tried that with a different issue some weeks ago and never received the courtesy of a response.

Return to “Bitwig”