AudioThing Frostbite 2 - Spectral Freeze, Ring Mod, Feedback - Update v2.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Frostbite

Neon Breath wrote:I don't understand what the Freeze module does, from the audio demo I’ve heard.

Is it holding up to 25 second of the incoming audio and we then can scrub into it? Or it is freezing the audio and it’s then looped non-stop, like a freeze guitar pedal?
You can look at it like a "huge" reverb with a tail of 25 seconds. It can be shaped with the Fade Out to avoid having a sudden stop in the audio and you can also filter out some of the frequencies with the High Pass since the low-end can easily get too loud.
It's inspired by this http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/ (although the algorithm is quite different).

A demo will be available soon anyway.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Ok thanks fore precision. I'll try the demo!

Sendy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Naenyn wrote:This is awesome. I've always had a weakness for "ice"-style sounds..
To add gloss you mean?

In case, can it be compared to Shimmer by Valhalla ?
Shimmer is a completely different kettle of fish - pitch shifted feedback. Tends to need a lot of space, because it... creates a lot of space :hihi:

Though I'd imagine running shimmer through Frostbite would be enough to freeze your socks off. Just add some cold squarewave fifth pads... ahh... coldness heaven :love:
I'd agree that shimmer is different, but I also quite like that one. I definitely have to try those two together.

My only complaint with Frostbite is it could use some more presets.

Hmm, audio demos sound nice, I'm intrigued!

Naenyn wrote:My only complaint with Frostbite is it could use some more presets.
Thanks for the feedback. That's probably why I think a randomizer function is always useful :)
Anyway, I may add more presets for a possible update.
foosnark wrote:Hmm, audio demos sound nice, I'm intrigued!
Thank you!

audiothing wrote:
Naenyn wrote:My only complaint with Frostbite is it could use some more presets.
Thanks for the feedback. That's probably why I think a randomizer function is always useful :)
Anyway, I may add more presets for a possible update.
Oh, I complete agree, I love the randomize function! Were the effects exhibited in the youtube demo made using the factory presets?

Naenyn wrote:Oh, I complete agree, I love the randomize function! Were the effects exhibited in the youtube demo made using the factory presets?
Mostly yes, slightly variations and automations. You can see the preset names from the video.

I got the VST to install by turning off my Avast briefly. I didn't know things could get blocked without some kind of notice popping up. So if anyone else has this kind of problem, turn off your antivirus!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

audiothing wrote:A demo will be available soon anyway.
any update on that ?

Daags wrote:
any update on that ?
It's been 30 hours already.... :wink:

:phones:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Sendy wrote:I got the VST to install by turning off my Avast briefly. I didn't know things could get blocked without some kind of notice popping up. So if anyone else has this kind of problem, turn off your antivirus!
Ok, good to know, thanks!
rustman wrote:
Daags wrote:
any update on that ?

Hold on a little bit :) It will be between Sunday and Monday.

:D Was only kidding. It was a friendly jab at Daags.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote::D Was only kidding. It was a friendly jab at Daags.
eheh I know :D

Anyway we will have some more audio/video demo soon!

rustman wrote:
Daags wrote:
any update on that ?

:D

audiothing wrote:
rustman wrote::D Was only kidding. It was a friendly jab at Daags.
eheh I know :D

Anyway we will have some more audio/video demo soon!

:tu:

Return to “Effects”