Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

raymondwave That's why i still use older versions (WE and PPG), on the safe side. I just unwittingly afraid try new versions.
(But it while I'm at 32 bits. In further probably have to try.)

raymondwave wrote:I started compiling an album of my tunes and have ran into a serious issue with PPG Wave v3. The sounds do not recall correctly. Just opened a tune that relied on an arp I had made with PPG v3 and it recalls as a completely different sound that is a chord instead of an arp. I had v1.0.5 loaded first, upgraded to 1.0.7 which changed nothing..

I've had this issue before with different patches and if I remember correctly, ingonator was able to reproduce this.. now it's happening again.

Started to recreate the arp from scratch, after some tweaking Studio One went mute with a peaking snap that sent the master meters to maximum. Had to re-start program.

These plugins are a fckn nightmare.
If i remeber correctly (and based on an oolder post of you) you are using Studio One with the 64-bit AU on OSX. Could you please give detailed versions of your OS and host?
I also need to know if you still use teh AU or the VST2/VST3 plugins.

Since OSX Yosemite is out we alraedy had to do several fixes, first for OSX 10.10 and recently also for the new 10.10.2. If you got Yosemite and such issues appeared suddenly it could be another Yosemite related problem. Just a guess here.

Even if i had maybe noticed this in the past it is too long ago that i still remember it.

The first part of your report sounds like patches are not properly loaded from a saved project, is that right?
I just checked saving and re-loading a project with Studio One 2.6.5 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit with both the VST2 and VST3 plugins and could not notice a problem here.
I also never really noticed the issue in the second part of your report yet. Anyway i am usually using other hosts like e.g. Cubase 8 and Live 9 while i use Studio One mostly for testing purposes.

Last but not least it would be nice to have a step by step procedure to replicate the issues you found (starting from a new instance if possible).
I could not test myself at OSX and would have to forward this to others.

PS:
General remark for others:
The fact that a certain problem happens in a certain combination of OS, host and plugin format does not mean it will also happen in all other combinations...
A bunch of bugs reported in the past were specific to OSX for example.
Another example is that certain bugs were only found with the VST3 but not with VST2, AAX and AU.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I use Studio One v2.6.5 64bit on OSX 10.9.5.

Ever since getting PPG v3 and Largo I've juggled between VST and AU, both have their own quirks. This recent happened with VST (I had already deleted it and used AU instead, but had to re-install VST).

I can't replicate the patch recall, the patch I used (JdM "OnThePath") as a base recalled properly. I just checked on a new project. Maybe it's because I've upgraded the plugin in between.

But..

Load PWM Pad from Till Kopper bank, save and recall. The sound is now different. The issue is probably related. I reported this long time ago and it seems it's still not fixed.

The amount of time I've spent troubleshooting these plugins is insane.

And as a funny side note, PPG wave v3 crashed Studio One two times during the test I did just now. "Application is not responding" and beach ball rolls..

raymondwave wrote: Load PWM Pad from Till Kopper bank, save and recall. The sound is now different. The issue is probably related. I reported this long time ago and it seems it's still not fixed.
Isn't that one an old bank form PPG Wave 2.V? Omport of old banks is indeed not fully fixed yet even if it was alraedy mentioned. For my own free bank i fixed the PPG wave 3.V version manually.

Actually what is wrong while importing PPG Wave 2.V banks are the key tracking amounts. The issue usually happens after re-saving the patch. Then you could correct the keytracking (at the MOD page) and save again.
If this would not mean an insance amount of work i would already have re-saved and corrected all old PPG 2.V banks for PPG Wave 3.V.

For that "PWMPad" patch you mentioned the differences are (in the MOD menu of PPG 3.V):
- after import, before re-saving: WAVES keytrack: 0%, FILTER keytrack: 33%
- after import, re-saving and loading again: WAVES keytrack: 100%, FILTER keytrack: 133%
Correcting and re-saving again solves it.

You could check the differences if you load the PPG 2.V bank fie of my free bank and then the version corrected for PPG wave 3.V:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=418294

This problem is known and i would be happy about a fix too...
Hopefully if the current fixes for Waldorf Edition 2 our developer could "revisit" the older plugins again.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo, in PPG2v (from bundle v2) finally do repaired Random funktion or not ?

Ok, about random funktion - hel with him, have passed.
Well, finally i updated Waldorf Edition bundle just now v1 to v2, install, renamed dll`s as was said above, Studio One and Ableton open all with no problem.

Hmm, what i want to say, i was wrong (when was afraid that it would be worse than older WE). Cool optimization. The response speed of workflow\GUI elements does not cause any complaints. (as it was in the last versions before v2) Damn, It is even more pleasant than in v129 (my fav :lol: ). About the fonts (contrast etc) also everything is fine here.
Separate words deserves the new reverb in Attack, his release time and damp (color) work - very much, it is a mini bomb :love: .

About some small issues identified offhand: all sync dropdown lists (in Attack: filter mod and delay fx section, in Dpole: LFO speed) incorrect display of marker of current selected mode. By other words, marker position does not coincide with the selected mode in sync list. http://oi60.tinypic.com/2cqfbk8.jpg Check it please.
But in sync window it displayed correctly after select.

Reproduced in vst2 32bit, all daw's 32bit, OS Win7 64bit

In any case, I am glad that the problems with response speed \ fonts are gone in new birth of WE.

EDIT
What?? All FX-s parameters in Attack can not be automatable ? Hm, Delay in past Attack versions are send all his param's to host without problems. Maybe can something doing with this?
EDIT 2
Hmm, wait. ableton see (can automate) it all :o include on\off each fx, but Studio One not. What could be the reason .

c_voltage wrote:Ok, about random funktion - hel with him, have passed.
Well, finally i updated Waldorf Edition bundle just now v1 to v2, install, renamed dll`s as was said above, Studio One and Ableton open all with no problem.

Hmm, what i want to say, i was wrong (when was afraid that it would be worse than older WE). Cool optimization. The response speed of workflow\GUI elements does not cause any complaints. (as it was in the last versions before v2) Damn, It is even more pleasant than in v129 (my fav :lol: ). About the fonts (contrast etc) also everything is fine here.
Separate words deserves the new reverb in Attack, his release time and damp (color) work - very much, it is a mini bomb :love: .

About some small issues identified offhand: all sync dropdown lists (in Attack: filter mod and delay fx section, in Dpole: LFO speed) incorrect display of marker of current selected mode. By other words, marker position does not coincide with the selected mode in sync list. http://oi60.tinypic.com/2cqfbk8.jpg Check it please.
But in sync window it displayed correctly after select.

Reproduced in vst2 32bit, all daw's 32bit, OS Win7 64bit

In any case, I am glad that the problems with response speed \ fonts are gone in new birth of WE.

EDIT
What?? All FX-s parameters in Attack can not be automatable ? Hm, Delay in past Attack versions are send all his param's to host without problems. Maybe can something doing with this?
EDIT 2
Hmm, wait. ableton see (can automate) it all :o include on\off each fx, but Studio One not. What could be the reason .
The problem with automation for the new effects is something i found myself and seems to be fixed in a Beta i just tested (on Windows). For example in updated VST2 at Cubase the automation parameters list now includes folders for each audio output and sub-folders with the parameters for each effect.
The system in Live seems to work a bit differently and does not seem to rely on the same fixed list of parameters as most oter hosts.

After many years also the random feature in PPG Wave 2.V finally seems to work (did also not work with v1.29 BTW...), again i had checked this in a new Beta for Windows.

Some bigger and and smaller fixes have been already implemented and more should be done ASAP. Not sure if a new official update is published very soon or if Waldorf wants to wait a bit longer until all important fixes are finished (including some that are more difficult to solve like randomly appearing ones).

Certain remaining bugs only seemed to apear in OSX which i could not check myself and hope that others could find and/or confirm those and that all those will be fixed too.

Current reports by the testers also include feature requests. Let's see if and when those will be implemented.

As already mentioned in the other thread we also did changes to our bug reporting system for the testers. Not allowed to tell details there.

All i could say is that currently everything is done to make the Waldorf Edition 2 running as stable a possible.
Ingo Weidner

They should have released the Waldorf edition 2 as beta sine that's what it is. Also the author ppg interface should have been left looking like the instrument.

post deleted (as i was just repeating myself which is boring...)
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:The problem with automation for the new effects is something i found myself and seems to be fixed in a Beta i just tested (on Windows).
Sounds good !
Ingonator wrote:After many years also the random feature in PPG Wave 2.V finally seems to work, again i had checked this in a new Beta for Windows.
Oh ok, thanks :oops:
Ingonator wrote:(did also not work with v1.29 BTW...)
Yes, do not argue.

Ingo, also moment: new samples (in Attack sample osc) can not be FM modulated, it is should be ? But in the same time FM do affect to old (hihat percission) samples from the same sample list.

And what's now wrong with my question about FM ?? Why simply cannot be answer on this ?

Well I honestly bought into Waldorf Edition 2 thinking it would be a good update. Now I'm selling it in case anyone wants to buy it for cheap.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Well I honestly bought into Waldorf Edition 2 thinking it would be a good update. Now I'm selling it in case anyone wants to buy it for cheap.
And what's the problem? What's not to like?

c_voltage wrote:And what's now wrong with my question about FM ?? Why simply cannot be answer on this ?
FM seems to be possible with the 6 standard waveforms and the 3 samples that were also included in the old version (first 3 in the list) but not with the new samples.
Those 3 samples seem to be included with the plugin while the other new Samples are in an additional folder (at Windows: C:\ProgramData\Waldorf\Attack). You could see this if you delete that additional folder and then re-check the Samples list in the plugin.

UPDATE:
I did not seem to be completely right there. If i use the new samples as a modulator (in Osc 2) they seem to have an efect at the result of the FM.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

So why didn't Waldorf say that they were going to give away the Waldorf 2 LE edition ? :?

I would prefer spending my money on the upgrade to the full version, instead of buying LE 2 which then quickly was set free :help:

Return to “Instruments”