What devices would you want BWS to have next?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voice303 wrote:MSEG envelope modulator all the way. This will open up so many freaking possibilities... It would be a shame if Bitwig never got a device like that.
Isn't this possible with the timbre automation and note mod?

powermat wrote:
Voice303 wrote:MSEG envelope modulator all the way. This will open up so many freaking possibilities... It would be a shame if Bitwig never got a device like that.
yes it would be possible but drawing the automation per note misses the goal here... you want a automation in a loop synced to the daw (like a lfo) and draw it only once... best example automate a gain tool on a bass channel and duck the bass surgical to the kickdrum every 1/4 note...
Last edited by operator on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Everyone knows more than I do...

operator wrote:
powermat wrote:
yes it would be possible but drawing the automation per note misses the goal here... you want a automation in a loop sinced to the daw (like a lfo) and draw it only once...
Copy/pasta?
And looping automation is pretty easy in the arranger.

Don't get me wrong, the more that can be done in one view, the better. :tu:

Just trying to give a work-around if needed.

EDIT: As far as the per-note stuff, I often create a deviceless midi track for the sole purpose of using timbre for MSEs. Good times! :hyper:

d.p.

Voice303 wrote:Copy/pasta?
And looping automation is pretty easy in the arranger.

Don't get me wrong, the more that can be done in one view, the better. :tu:

Just trying to give a work-around if needed.
Yeah your right... it´s quite a good work-around... :tu:

operator, check this out, too :ud:

this guy has some purdy good tipz n stuffz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1IeF11UCN8

powermat wrote:operator, check this out, too :ud:

this guy has some purdy good tipz n stuffz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1IeF11UCN8
Thanks... :wink: it´s quite a nice feature but in my case i prefer Xfer´s LFO Tool... :party:

LFO Tool is just legit as death and taxes, use it in some shape or form in every project. (well, most for sure) 8)

Step sequencer device!

a Looper plugin
– fully midi assignable [record, overdub, start, stop, undo, delete, view looper device]
– fade in / out (to avoid crackling noises)
– pitchshifting [+ dry/wet (optional)]
– timestretching [+ dry/wet (optional)]
(I use this plugin in Ableton Live for my live performances.)

a Resonator plugin (like in Ableton Live)
which is very useful for eg Dub Techno chords

– a possibility to play midi notes -> chords (5 (?) different notes max. in same time)
Very funky device which I’m using for live recording sounds with using the Cello in percussion style to create deep Dub Techno chords with good humanized swing.

addition to Delay-1 + Delay-2:
– a switch for transition modes: “Repitch”, “Fade” and “Jump”
(Midi CCing the synced steps in “Jump” mode lets you create very nice rhythmic structures of your recorded material. Especially in live sessions.)

addition to Sampler:
– a possibility to set the length of root key (Note eg C3 / x Samples (optional) / x milliseconds (optional))
which applies to all notes (all notes have the same length while playing a chord)
(I know that this is possible with some messy work but if you have do a lot experimenting and a bunch of samples you want to check before use them so you need to change them rapidly this would be perfect for workflow.)

Anyway, thanks to Bitwig for this wonderful DAW!

midi merger - get midi from different tracks into 1 track.

n3ofolkr wrote: a Resonator plugin (like in Ableton Live)
which is very useful for eg Dub Techno chords
The resonator bank seems pretty close to the Live one, do you not use that?

Some Midi Tools, one to select Midi Input channel to play different instruments in Kontakt / sampletank3

I would like to have recall buttons to set the 8 macros back to start position or to some defined presets, maybe there could be a morph function like kore, so that I can come back after tweaking a synth, or effect. if you use more than 8 synths during a live record / set and you tweak all synths then it is hard to set it back to the standard/ beginning sound during a record. The morph between 4 Synths doesn't fit this idea, because I want to tweak, jump back and tweak again. In Ableton I tried kapture but it wasn't stable, so I used in Ableton effect racks to mark important positions, but this needs to much time to set the 8 macros back to the beginning, especially by many synths simultaneously.

for me a better arpeggiator, a better step sequencer and a randomize device parameter plus other things you write before

sacer wrote:Some Midi Tools, one to select Midi Input channel to play different instruments in Kontakt / sampletank3

I would like to have recall buttons to set the 8 macros back to start position or to some defined presets, maybe there could be a morph function like kore, so that I can come back after tweaking a synth, or effect. if you use more than 8 synths during a live record / set and you tweak all synths then it is hard to set it back to the standard/ beginning sound during a record. The morph between 4 Synths doesn't fit this idea, because I want to tweak, jump back and tweak again. In Ableton I tried kapture but it wasn't stable, so I used in Ableton effect racks to mark important positions, but this needs to much time to set the 8 macros back to the beginning, especially by many synths simultaneously.
Actually that makes me thing of a module that is really needed, and that is a controller editor device like Studio One has

although BWS is touted as having good controller support I'm not finding this to be the case, controller support is based in complicated scripting that isn't accessible to most of us, the S1 type device simply helps map any controls to a macro or plugin in seconds.

Return to “Bitwig”