Warp Time public beta

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, can you send me one of those racks to try? It must be something specific to them as even ones I created in T5 load for me. Just exporting the preset from the search panel is probably the easiest way.

muted step clips are not greyed out like midi clips.
When set to "auto tempo" audio file is stretched, must re-enter the N° of bars of the loop in the properties panel (even if the Nb was already correct).
Just had a fatal crash on OSX 10.10 while moving a stretch marker until it touched another strecth marker.
Last edited by dupont on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dRowAudio wrote:Ok, can you send me one of those racks to try? It must be something specific to them as even ones I created in T5 load for me. Just exporting the preset from the search panel is probably the easiest way.
Sure but I assumed you'll need the plugins that are in them which is why I did the video. I'll upload the one that has 2 Soundhack plugins in as they are from freeware delay set (the other has Crusher X and a Pianoteq).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok thanks these should work in the next version of Tracktion now. I think these must have been saved using the right click "Save selected plugins as preset" method.

This is normally used for individual plugins the fact that they appeared in the rack preset menu was probably a mistake but I've added support for adding them this way now anyway.

Thanks for reporting.

Ah I see, yes it makes sense to treat them as any other rack, I quite often save a chain I find is working that way for resuse, I just assumed they would load again like any other rack.

TSC wrote:Tracktion ChangeList

- Avoided plugin windows appearing always on top of other windows
Thank you!!!! :hyper:

That issue had made using Kontakt in Tracktion a major PITA -- I am so glad that you folks were able fix that one.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Wow, it is amazing news!

warp time ruler is difficult to read even on a 24" imac screen.

dupont wrote:warp time ruler is difficult to read even on a 24" imac screen.
Yes I thought so too - and the markers need to be a clearer colour and/or to be in the colour editor so we can change it.

I hope 6.1.0 gets released for Linux too. I've been delaying any serious testing of Linux T6 as I have a rough idea how many bugs have been fixed since 6.0.18 which is significant and I don't want to waste time reporting bugs that have already been fixed.

Thanks TSC!

Warp Time is really cool feature. I have a few comments though.

On a snare drum, it seems like it has some type of transient detection that it snaps to, which is great, but it only puts the line there on less than half of the transients. There doesn't seem to be a particular reason for which ones it does or doesn't detect. On a kick drum I didn't get any transient detection whatsoever. This would be awesome if it was refined a bit.

It seems to be connected to some type of grid unless you are zoomed in really really close. It would be nice if SNAP worked in Warp Time also so that you could move timing freely when it's turned off without zooming in super far.

Lastly, It would be nice if the Bars/Beats or Min/Seconds selection would be remembered for all future tracks that are warp timed. Better yet, maybe it could be set based on your main time bar setting. Someone who doesn't work with Bars/Beats currently has to change it every time.

Someone let me know if any of these are off-base, and keep up the good work!

Thanks Kang, yes we should probably be a bit smarter about the default time format. Beats/bars is what you would usually deal with in loops but I understand not everyone prefers this format.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about zooming and snapping. Snapping is on by default but you can disable it by holding ctrl/cmd whilst placing or dragging a marker (check out the tooltip whilst over the warp time editor).

And finally we are currently investigating ways to improve the transient detection.

Thanks for the feedback!

dRowAudio wrote:Thanks Kang, yes we should probably be a bit smarter about the default time format. Beats/bars is what you would usually deal with in loops but I understand not everyone prefers this format.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about zooming and snapping. Snapping is on by default but you can disable it by holding ctrl/cmd whilst placing or dragging a marker (check out the tooltip whilst over the warp time editor).

And finally we are currently investigating ways to improve the transient detection.

Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks a lot,

I thought it let you move freely when zoomed in real far, but I now realize that it's always snapping, it just snaps to smaller time differences. Thanks so much for the CTRL/CMD tip, that's crucial for me. I always seem to miss the simple things like that. :dog:

When I mentioned snapping in my previous post I meant that the global SNAP button (the yellow one under the transport) could also affect the snapping in Warp Time as well. I still think that might be a good idea, but not a big deal at all anymore.

Kang wrote:
dRowAudio wrote: When I mentioned snapping in my previous post I meant that the global SNAP button (the yellow one under the transport) could also affect the snapping in Warp Time as well. I still think that might be a good idea, but not a big deal at all anymore.
Yes that's how I would prefer it, I hate snapping and would prefer to just turn it off and forget about it than have to remember to press some modifier all the time.

I usually work in seconds not beats.

Can you make the warp marker colours different from the track marker colour in the editor, I don't need the track marker to stand out as clearly but the warp markers need to be more distinct so I want them a different colour.

Return to “Tracktion”