Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Yes, please do something about it. It is definately the thing that is the most annoying with RC for me, too.

if i didn't miss something RC vst Chord and Bass preview channel selector doesn't work
i defined them like this:
Chord Vst Out Ch 15 and Bass ch 16 just for testing
but all notes goes to vst out ch1. ( VST v2.9b3 x64)

Standalone v2.9b5 (x64) is fine in this case

Thank you, yellukhan, preview in the VST plug-in was totally rewritten since v2.9b5 and works well. Unfortunately I am a few days late with releasing the new VST plug-in, but it will come soon. With the new plug-in, preview instruments are saved with the VST project, instead of being a global preference. I think it makes more sense, and you can set up the preview instruments differently in your projects. Using soundfonts is removed from the VST plug-in which I want to be MIDI only.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

New beta version is available with the new, more reliable VST plug-in. It seems to work well even with Cubase which caused me headaches in the past.
Please help me to test the new plug-in with the DAW (VST host) that you are using.
As an incentive you will find two new variations in this version, both of them are very useful. :wink:

Changes and improvements since the previous beta version:
  • Brand new VST plug-in which communicates with the application through a bridge
    Instructions: you need to run the standalone version once before using the VST plug-in.
  • The application can send certain keystrokes to the VST host in VST bridge mode (see Settings / Miscellaneous)
    E.g. you can send 'space' or 'enter' keystrokes to start playback in the host while working in the RapidComposer window. This must be tested with more DAWs.
  • New variation: 'Simplify Phrase' to make the rhythm simpler of any phrase
    You can specify the number of simplification steps
  • New variation: 'Adjust Note Lengths v2' for fine control of note lengths, even with envelopes
    You have fine control over note lengths, set them to a value, or change them by percentage, or add an offset to the lengths
  • Pressing Shift during moving or resizing notes will ignore the snap setting
  • Apply button is enabled when you edit a phrase from the phrase inspector
  • The master track inspector opens when you right-click on the master track label
  • Bug fix: sometimes the window became very wide when the application started
At the moment this beta version is for Windows only, the OS X version is in the works...

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila!
News is very tempting!
It is waiting for the MAC OSX version!
Sincerely lulukom

I downloaded latest beta and launched stand-alone. I had a short few bars from before and started playing around with different inversions, etc. as RC played. I think when I got to the area where you enter your own formula RC stopped responding since I couldn't get out of that field as far as I can tell. I wasn't doing any logical moves, just playing around with different positions for chords in timeline and changing settings at random.
I didn't load new vst yet.

Thanks, Jim, I am checking this.

Yes, the program stopped responding when you entered a chord name. This is fixed, and an even newer beta version is available (v2.9b9). It was the result of a change from several weeks ago.

Thanks,
Attila

Reaper 4.71 (32-bit)

1. "Bring RC to Top" doesn't always bring it to top. It works the first time, but no other times, after.
2. The "Local SEQ" button when engaged, doesn't play. Only if you play the master playback in the host (Reaper)... then, the Local SEQ playback works. This "Local SEQ" should always work, even if the host playback isn't running.
3. With Local SEQ, I've noticed RC "skips" every few times... it will play about 1 and a half beats (or 5 beats), then start over, and play smoothly. This could be a Reaper thing, though.
4. I can't resize the RC window smaller, when it's bridged. Can't resize at all.
5. During host playback, after crashing and re-loading automatically, I can't seem to click anywhere in RC as it will lock up and crash over and over (with host playback). Such as, muting the RC track. But if host playback is stopped, then I can hit "mute" on the RC track, and things seem to work a little better.
6. I dragged-n-dropped a single RC track (4 bars, chord progression VIm - IIIm -VIm - IIIm) to Reaper, and RC locked up fully (but Reaper didn't crash, perhaps because it's bridged.. but I can't do anything at all right now) and the chord name on bar 4 of RC changed to "I + 24 + 27 + 31" instead of "IIIm". And a black rectangle appeared above the Phrase in bar 2, where the phrase name should be. I used "PianoSample08". After dragging and dropping, there was a quick lock up after playback, and now the Phrase (inside Reaper, on a track) plays staccato. And of course, RC is locked/crashed. I closed it (VST bridge broken) and then it re-opened RC in the same state (though without the glitchy names-- it remembered the chord progression and phrase used)... then, the Local SEQ playback seemed to be stuck. And Reaper's playback and RC's playback were out of sync. I then hit the "X" to exit out of the RC window, and saw the mouse and GUI jump around a bit, like it was behind, because of the sync issues. Really annoying.

Hopefully those are the only issues I find so far... honestly I think the former VST plugin is a bit more stable and functional, at least with Reaper.

Ok wait... no. Not so much. I tried the 2.84 VST plugin and as soon as I dragged a Phrase (PianoSample04) to a Reaper track, the RC interface got all garbled... a lot of text was missing and solid bars of color... the list of Phrases in the Phrase browser went empty, too.

Weird.

musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, the program stopped responding when you entered a chord name. This is fixed, and an even newer beta version is available (v2.9b9). It was the result of a change from several weeks ago.

Thanks,
Attila
Thanks Attila

Does RC vst always need to be manually copied to vstplugins directory?

Long time reader, first time poster.

Windows 7 64 Bit. RapidComposer 64 Bit. I've been having this problem since the harmonize melody feature was introduced and still experiencing it in the most recent betas.

Select Melody>Harmonize Melody>Set chord change to "on bars or strong beats (automatic)">Click Auto-Harmonize>RC shuts down/crashes every time.

Setting chord change to "on bars" "on strong beats" "on beats" all work fine. It only crashes when "on bars or strong beats (automatic)" is selected.

Hi Chris,

thanks for your notes. Did you use the latest beta version, not the one I sent you a week ago?
Please note it is advised to turn off "Anticipative FX processing" in REAPER especially when using two or more RC plug-ins.

Yes, "Bring RC to Top" does not always work. I will try to fix it, but AFAIK it is not possible for one application (DAW) to bring another application window (RC) to top in Windows.

"Local SEQ" always worked for me, I can resize the window, and drag-and-drop works too. I have no idea what went wrong, this is really weird. I tested 32-bit and 64-bit REAPER and RC. I hope others will comment.

There are minor issues (phrase preview becomes silent after a while, or notes at time zero are not always played by the local sequencer) but the situation is not as bad.

Thanks!
Attila

Musical Gym wrote:Thanks Attila

Does RC vst always need to be manually copied to vstplugins directory?
Yes, please always copy it manually. If the VST directory was the same for everyone, it would be easy to install the plug-in there.

It will be easier with the new plug-in because it will not change with each update (once everything works well). The same plug-in will be used for the demo/paid version, LE or full edition.

Thanks,
Attila

Thank you for your post, Disperato! Yes, there was a bug there, which was fixed today. It won't crash anymore from the next beta version.

Thanks! :tu:
Attila

Hi Attila yeah, I used the latest version. Downloaded the beta yesterday morning.

Have no idea what's up with Local SEQ issue.

I never really use more than one instance of RC, so I might not have to deselect the "Anticaptive FX Processing" thing....

Something's wacky. Keep in mind that I use Reaper as a portable installation, NOT the regular way it's installed. I do it this way to back up all my settings easily and move my folder anywhere I need to. It's smart, and I don't lose anything.

Maybe that's the problem, yeah? Try a Reaper Portable installation. For me, I put the entirety of Reaper into C:\REAPER -- also inside this folder is a folder called VST where all my plugins are location, including the Rapid Composer.dll (and yes, it's the latest plugin - it's very small compared to the old VST which was 6MB)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”