Any news on 1.2 beta?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's some serious wig action there.

1.2 is going to be so worth the wait. Bitwig has focused on the perfect features for this release.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Polysynth has the life of a guitar with that instrument. Sounds amazing.

WXLF wrote:Polysynth has the life of a guitar with that instrument. Sounds amazing.
YES! I wish linnstrument wasnt soo expensive. For half price i defently save for it...
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

emef wrote: and are just ironing out the bugs with that and once all good the beta will start. Maybe 1 to 2 weeks time."
That'll be some time in September then :)

ronnyrydgren wrote:Still feels lost. Was it bad before and how? haha maybe no need explaining, i feel so dumb right now :tu:
Well, if you never had problems with it, you are one lucky chap ;-)

Many people couldn't get their audio interfaces or internal sounddevices to either work at all or had all kinds of "Port Audio failed to..."-this-or-that messages. Some soundcards simply don't work at all with Port Audio.
I personally was mostly lucky as well, but for instance on my old laptop I never could use WASAPI directly, only ASIO4ALL would work. This was especially bad for demo users who sometimes were unable to start the engine - not a nice first impression. ;-)

Since this is a very important basic component of a DAW, it's good to have as much control over it as possible.
Changing this will probably at first lead to more and new problems but (here it comes again ;-) ) in the long run should enable Bitwig to address problems in a more direct fashion.

I think it's a smart move to change this now, since it''s getting more and more complicated to change the audio engine the more complex a DAW gets. :tu:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
ronnyrydgren wrote:Still feels lost. Was it bad before and how? haha maybe no need explaining, i feel so dumb right now :tu:
Well, if you never had problems with it, you are one lucky chap ;-)

Many people couldn't get their audio interfaces or internal sounddevices to either work at all or had all kinds of "Port Audio failed to..."-this-or-that messages. Some soundcards simply don't work at all with Port Audio.
I personally was mostly lucky as well, but for instance on my old laptop I never could use WASAPI directly, only ASIO4ALL would work. This was especially bad for demo users who sometimes were unable to start the engine - not a nice first impression. ;-)

Since this is a very important basic component of a DAW, it's good to have as much control over it as possible.
Changing this will probably at first lead to more and new problems but (here it comes again ;-) ) in the long run should enable Bitwig to address problems in a more direct fashion.

I think it's a smart move to change this now, since it''s getting more and more complicated to change the audio engine the more complex a DAW gets. :tu:

Cheers,

Tom
Explains alot, never had problem with autio card interface, nor wasapi. everything has worked like a charm that way. i have had my bugs but never audio driver issues or something like audio engine =)
yeah i hoped the strech will have better sound quality in 1.2 or 1.3
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

I'm very happy that Bitwig Studio will have its own implementation of the audio backend instead of the PortAudio.

I would always get those errpr messages when I tried using Wasapi, so I guess it will help with that? I left win awhile ago though so maybe they already fixed it. Anyway it's always good to hear that they are willing to rewrite something.

I guess it would be good to remember this next time people are saying "what could they possibly be doing, just release with bugs, it's already there if they are demoing it, obviously they are trying to build hype, etc etc." Turns out they were making a big change and maybe it would have been in a barely working state if they released it earlier.

seems, Claes looks a bit like Heath Ledger...

dioxine wrote:seems, Claes looks a bit like Heath Ledger...
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

TristanMendoza wrote:
dioxine wrote:seems, Claes looks a bit like Heath Ledger...
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so
http://st.gdefon.ru/wallpapers_original ... _1600x1200_(<a class="postlink" href="http://www.GdeFon.ru).jpg

^Claes is so dreamy

Return to “Bitwig”