Recording multiple clips in launcher

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to record enable multiple launcher clips at once. As soon as I hit record in a launcher slot the count in begins, leaving not very much time to hit the record button in other launcher slots. I'd love a way to record enable multiple slots, and then launch them all at once. Is the best way to achieve this to record into the arrange or am I missing something?

set "pre-roll" (reached by the down arrow in the transport) to 4bars, that should hopefully be enough time for you;-)

Haha, I would but I sequence all my synths with a Cirklon (hardware seq) and sync it to Bigwig using an SND Acme which requires one bar pre-roll before it launches the Cirklon. So for everything to be in sync I need to remain at 1 bar, which is usually just about enough time to record enable 2-3 cells if I don't slip with the mouse ;) Oh well... guess I'll record into arranger for now when I record multiple. Maybe I'll send them a feature request in case nobody else has.

set a long "default launch quantization" like 8 bars, start the cirklon/BW lets "playback"-run, and trigger now your cells.
they will first record, when the 8 bars are reached.

Or well, use the arranger + launch view, record in arrange, and press cmd-a (but the "a" twice - the first "a" will only select all clips in one track) and drag your clips into launcher.

I emailed a feature request. I think the launcher rec. button should respect modifier key input. So if I hold down "command" (on mac) and click on n number of record buttons, they should all be armed but not launched until I click on the last one and let go of command. Could respecth "shift" in the same way to batch select a grid of multiple cells. In the meantime I'll be recording into the arranger.

Modifier key is actually a very good idea, hope the devs feel the same way. :tu:

Not that big of a problem for me anymore though since i got myself a launchpad - now i use that to activate recording for several tracks at the same time.

Is there a way to record multiple clips in the launcher at once now? I defected to Ableton for a while, and now I'm back and I thought I had figured out a way to do this but maybe I'm remembering something from Ableton. Is there no way to record enable multiple clips in the launcher, hit record and record to them all at once?

Return to “Bitwig”