EEG Strat - User Presets Question

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It appears that the user can save their own Instrument and pattern presets which is Great.

What confuses me is that both of these types of presets have an .nka suffix and they both default to the same folder but neither of them show up on the UI when loaded.

How are people dealing with knowing which presets they save are either instrument or pattern presets? Currently, I am just preceding the preset name with an 'I' or 'P' so that I know.

When I have a special setup, for the instrument, patterns, and custom chords, for a specific tune, I will just save the entire thing as a separate .nki

Am I making this harder than it needs to be? Any suggestions for making it easier?

Kind regards,
Rick

Hi Rick,

NKA files are Kontakt's array data format. Unfortunately, the script has no control over the file extension. That being said, the data arrays are of different lengths, so if you try to load a tone preset as a pattern, it'll bring up an error.

If you're working with a lot of external preset files, you might just make separate folders for them--that'll help keep the patterns, custom chord voicing collections, and tone presets separate. However, if that means you need to navigate to the proper subfolder every time, a better route would be to prefix the preset types, like "TONE - Preset Name.nka", "PATTERN - Pattern Name.nka", etc. Sorted alphabetically, they'll all be organized nicely. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the quick reply and for clearing this up for me. I like your idea about using the prefix in naming the different preset types for quick and easy recognition.

I am finding that there are a few complete instrument setups that I will be using as goto start points and am just saving them as a separate .nki file. It makes it very handy to put them in Kontakts' Quick Load list for easy recall.

I am amazed at how much control is available in EEG Stratosphere and it sounds Great! Thanks for going the extra mile, as usual.

Kind regards,
Rick

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”