Is AAX format required for using AS Host?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just installed AGL, AGM & AGT 2.0.2.
They work fine as a plugin (VST) in Cubase 7.0.7 Windows 7 Home Premium.

However, when I try to use any of them in the AS Host (also 32bit) when I play the keyboard in the GUI or use my controller, and press on any key I get a sound as though i was pressing the key 60 times per second.
If I click on a string in the GUI the sound if fine.

All 3 plugins work fine in the 1.7.4 standalone ver. and my settings are the same in 1.7.4 and 2.0.2.
The only thing I did NOT do when installing 2.0.2 was to install the AAX format samples, which I don't remember whether there was an option in ver 1 and if I installed them or not in ver 1.
Is AAX necessary for ver 2 Host?
Any ideas?

Hi, ASHost loads vst plugin so it has nothing to do with AAX. We just tested ASHost 32bit and it was fine. Make sure you only installed VST 32bit if your ASHost is 32bit.

I completely uninstalled AGT 2.0.2 from my DAW.

Then reinstalled it with only the VST2 & VST3 (64bit) plugins.

The only other thing I did was to define my own location for the samples on my Sample HD.
And like I did with version 1, I put each of the samples in their own sub-directories.
e.g.
E:/..../AmpleSound/AGT for the Taylor
E:/..../AmpleSound/AGM for the Martin
E:/..../AmpleSound/AGL for the Luthier

I still get the same results using the AS Host (64bit).

The plugin works fine within Cubase and the 1.7.4 AGT standalone works as well.
Any suggestions?

I suggest you can open Options menu of ASHost to check if you have set the correct driver, midi input, etc.

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:I suggest you can open Options menu of ASHost to check if you have set the correct driver, midi input, etc.
Hi Jie,
I did mention in my original post that I have the same settings in options for 1.7.4 and 2.0.2.
I uninstalled and reinstalled AGM & AGL 2.0.2 and still have the same problem.

Also, if I access the 1.7.4 instruments in AS Host ver 1.1.6 they work while the ver 2 ones don't and they are all using the same settings.
I also checked the 2.0.2 installs in Control Panel --> Programs & Features as well as looking at my Windows Event Viewer and saw no problems with those installs.
Any other suggestions?
I am assuming that installing my samples for the three acoustics in separate sub-folders is okay.
thx.
ciao, Dan

We made some updates to sample engine recently and it might be related to your issue. It will be released in the next update. You can try again then.

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:We made some updates to sample engine recently and it might be related to your issue. It will be released in the next update. You can try again then.
Thanks Jie.
I'll try it out and let you know.
ciao, Dan

Return to “Ample Sound”