Bitwig Studio 1.1.8 RC-1

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PHY6 wrote:Is this 'logo bug' the only bug that's there now ?
Most definitely not. I really don't know how many old ones there are apart from the few dozen I've found myself in the last few weeks, but if you read up, this version apparently not only fixes some bugs, but introduces a couple of new bugs as well.

Ch00rD wrote:
PHY6 wrote:Is this 'logo bug' the only bug that's there now ?
Most definitely not. I really don't know how many old ones there are apart from the few dozen I've found myself in the last few weeks, but if you read up, this version apparently not only fixes some bugs, but introduces a couple of new bugs as well.
This was epic.

Edit: This reply was not correct, I actually thought you were referring to 1.2(wrong thread).
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

logo bug is of course no.1 priority to be fixed.

tooneba wrote:logo bug is of course no.1 priority to be fixed.
Very important, yes... Couldn't believe my eyes, seeing everyone talk for pages about a frikkin logo splash screen.
:dog:

Where to download this? Don't get a notification when I start up my Bitwig.

Follow the link in the first post. You don't get a notification because it's a beta version, meaning it's unfinished and there are likely bugs. Don't download it unless you want to be a tester.

Ok will stay with 1.17 as there are not bugs I ran into.
Will update the final version.

Thx

Hihu, i found lot of bugs that are unsolved. Also I see few bug fixes in this version.

I don't see the point of changing the splash logo, it was fine as it was and surely the devs time would be better spent on squishing bugs or more important aspects. My mouse pointer STILL periodically vanishing (since 1.0.0) , and macros still unable to map to Nebula. Could list more.

Anyway, if talking about the logo, it was nice contrast before now it looks wishy-washy. I'm on Mac.

:phones:

And certainly musicians' time is better spent making music rather than talking trash on forums...

The splash logo is something that requires zero programming to change. Just take a look at the fact that you can change it simply by dropping in a different image.

Hint: When editing in layered mode, use the little lock symbol next to the clip, to make sure, the rubber tool does not delete in that clip, too.

I'm getting a fairly consistent poof when trying to scale down midi clips /2 with the inspector. Sent in a few crash reports. OSX.

codec17 wrote:Hi..
When in layered editing and use the eraser gummy it deletes all the tracks in layered editing.
See giff.
FALS ALARM!!! FALSE ALARM!!! :oops: :oops:
I forgot the lock icons on the left of the screen... :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:
But wasnt it locked by default? I dont remember really?(idint realy paid attention to it earlier)
This is just plain stupid of me... Fortunate the BW headquarters remind me of that..(not that im stupid but the locks! :hihi: :hihi: )
So again FALSE ALARM! :dog: :oops: :dog: :oops:

codec17 wrote:FALS ALARM!!! FALSE ALARM!!! :oops: :oops:
Fortunately, and to my embarrassment, the issue I posted above also turns out to be a false alarm. :oops:
Ch00rD wrote:It seems to introduce a severe regression issue (for my system, anyway), though. :( In 1.1.8 RC-1 I can't load a project that I can load just fine in BWS 1.1.7, which maxes out (i.e. using 100% of) the DSP load on my UAD-2 device. Loading the same project using 1.1.8 RC-1 results in a warning message stating that the DSP load limit of the UAD-2 device is exceeded (curiously, disabling all UAD-2 plug-ins leaves a DSP load of 7% in 1.1.8 RC-1, and 8% in 1.1.7).
What actually happened, is that I had changed the sample rate from 44.1 to 48 kHz in Bitwig Studio 1.1.8 RC-1, and then forgot about it; the UAD-2 documentation does mention this at http://www.uaudio.com/support/uad/compa ... chart.html (emphasis added): "All measurements are taken at a sample rate of 44.1 kHz. Some UAD plug-ins use more DSP at higher sample rates."

When changing the sample rate back to 44.1kHz, the same projects now load without issue in Bitwig Studio 1.1.8 RC-1.

codec17 wrote:
codec17 wrote:Hi..
When in layered editing and use the eraser gummy it deletes all the tracks in layered editing.
See giff.
FALS ALARM!!! FALSE ALARM!!! :oops: :oops:
I forgot the lock icons on the left of the screen... :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:
But wasnt it locked by default? I dont remember really?(idint realy paid attention to it earlier)
This is just plain stupid of me... Fortunate the BW headquarters remind me of that..(not that im stupid but the locks! :hihi: :hihi: )
So again FALSE ALARM! :dog: :oops: :dog: :oops:
I now hold you personally responsible for delaying the 1.2 beta :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Bitwig”