Bitwig Studio 1.1.8

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

panox80 wrote:
SLiC wrote:512 latency is a lot- for real time recording I use 64, 128 maximum

ableton,cubase ,studio one all of these daw record in quarter at 512 ...i dont' change nothing in my setup

SLiC wrote:512 latency is a lot- for real time recording I use 64, 128 maximum
Yeah it is, but 256 can do as highest value but as you i recommend 128 or lower

There is a lot of latency of 512 buffer on any daw. If u have plugins open it introduce even more latency. If i would record live playing singing or anything then i would bounce out everything and lower my latency as much as possible and disable every instrument track to cat minimum latency from audio to ear and to recording
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

for me is strange because if i can record my incoming audio from hardware whitout latency in all other daw,i record 1 track at time (a 2 bar clip ,if you want to call track),i don't understand why here i can't do the same :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

panox80 wrote:for me is strange because if i can record my incoming audio from hardware whitout latency in all other daw,i record 1 track at time (a 2 bar clip ,if you want to call track),i don't understand why here i can't do the same :)

another question...why i can't quantize the file wave? ...sorry again for double post :dog:

bug:
if open a song directly from finder/dock, BW is than unable to save it and can not be closed normally, only via "panic-shouter".

missbehavior:
Every open BW / open a song, the brwoser-panel starts with the config-tab, even if the song was saved with another tab.

already known?

OSX 10.9.2 and BW 1.82 (have no currently speed-lan).

the taskbar on top and the problem with the full screen is still not fixed, unable to leave the full screen, lovely, that is there since v1.0.0!
Lenovo IdeaPad U330p Win8.1 Pro x64 | Ableton Suite 9.1.5 x32 | Some Synths

hyperconnectedspace wrote:the taskbar on top and the problem with the full screen is still not fixed, unable to leave the full screen, lovely, that is there since v1.0.0!

working here OS X 10.9.5

Suloo wrote:
hyperconnectedspace wrote:the taskbar on top and the problem with the full screen is still not fixed, unable to leave the full screen, lovely, that is there since v1.0.0!

working here OS X 10.9.5
Working on windows 7 - what key are you pressing to get out of full screen?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hi folks!

How you think did we have a chance to see option for resize tracks column in Mix mode?

panox80 wrote:anyone have latency when recording from external hardware? (with other daw no problem,simply paly and rec and all is ok)
make sure your buffer size in BW matches the buffer size for your audio interface dialog setup in your OS. Bitwig is broken in this regard where it doesn't change it outside the app like every other DAW on the planet. At least for me it doesn't and whenever I change it in BW I also need to change it in my RME hammerfall properties screen.
Last edited by owensands on Fri May 29, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

If someone interested in i just received answer from support:
Hello,
we have this on our wishlist. I don't know when it might be added, though.
Cheers,
Heiko

i want to resize tracks everywhere.
the struggle is real

SLiC wrote:
Suloo wrote:

working here OS X 10.9.5
F11 like in Ableton too and all other programs with Full Screen feature.

after F11 i cant get back from the FullScreen, only be removing the Tick from Full Screen and playing a bit with the Desktop Profiles. (in ableton it works like it should)

whtn this happends im in heaven :dog:

yes there are people on windows, who do prefer the taskbar on top.
Lenovo IdeaPad U330p Win8.1 Pro x64 | Ableton Suite 9.1.5 x32 | Some Synths

hyperconnectedspace wrote: after F11 i cant get back from the FullScreen, only be removing the Tick from Full Screen and playing a bit with the Desktop Profiles. (in ableton it works like it should)
Yes, it's a bug (I reported it already in version 1.0). After leaving fullscreen mode the previous window size is not restored, instead it is filling the full desktop space including the task bar.
Pretty annoying and therefore very high on my wishlist too.

hyperconnectedspace wrote:
SLiC wrote:
Suloo wrote:

working here OS X 10.9.5
F11 like in Ableton too and all other programs with Full Screen feature.

after F11 i cant get back from the FullScreen, only be removing the Tick from Full Screen and playing a bit with the Desktop Profiles. (in ableton it works like it should)

whtn this happends im in heaven :dog:

yes there are people on windows, who do prefer the taskbar on top.
My taskbar is on left, never used the bottom (or top), takes up too much screen real estate when you have 2560/1080 (twice as long as high) :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Bitwig”