Roland AIRA-synths in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

shame! I have to use mashine or mpc renaissance in bitwig and run them from those plugins
:hug:

What does the Roland support say about this?
Also does it still crash if not sandboxed? (64bit, bit bridge only)

I've not had any communications with Roland. I tried the different options for plugins in bitwig using promars and sh-2 and it would not launch. It didn't crash audio engine though but made no sound and showed no UI.

I found a simple freebie that can load Aira plugins in Bitwig
http://www.wusik.com/ww/products/freebies/wusikvm
It's 32 bit though. I think it's written before win7 which means that it will try to write a file in your plugins folder. If your plugins are on C: it will be trouble with permissions. I copied the roland plugins to a folder on another drive along with this freebie.

This is windows only im afraid.

I wonder what's up with these plugins.. they work in live, maschine, mpc renaissance, this plugin, mux, agent (though i think i ran into some trouble with the last two after a while)

Crackbaby wrote:I found a simple freebie that can load Aira plugins in Bitwig
http://www.wusik.com/ww/products/freebies/wusikvm
It's 32 bit though. I think it's written before win7 which means that it will try to write a file in your plugins folder. If your plugins are on C: it will be trouble with permissions. I copied the roland plugins to a folder on another drive along with this freebie.

This is windows only im afraid.

I wonder what's up with these plugins.. they work in live, maschine, mpc renaissance, this plugin, mux, agent (though i think i ran into some trouble with the last two after a while)

this works in BW but you cant plugout from it to the hardware. :(

1.2 beta 7 - roland aira plugins work!

can you plugout though? I couldnt still.

I played around with the latest (trial) versions of the Roland plugins (and my System 1m) this weekend. I found that I couldn't open the patch window. Clicking the button 'blocked' the plugin (like some invisible window or dialog was open somewhere) and I had to at least minimize/maximize the plugin in Bitwig to get it working again. Also, the option button didn't do anything either. I can't get the option window to show. Plug out and sending and getting single patches worked. In Ableton Live Lite, no issues at all.

Can anyone confirm if roland system 1 is working within bitwig without any problems? I'm thinking about purchasing one . Thanks

System 1 works fine as hardware, USB midi etc. The vst 2 plug ins don't work at all, I have a couple of posts on this already and a bug report.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:System 1 works fine as hardware, USB midi etc. The vst 2 plug ins don't work at all, I have a couple of posts on this already and a bug report.
Thats a shame, thought this might have been fixed by now. Thanks for the update.

tektris wrote: Thats a shame, thought this might have been fixed by now
Me too ...

Its fixed now (10 RC3) :love:

''FIXED - Roland plugins do not work''

Confirmed (although it opens in a window that seems separate from BWS, i.e if you minimise BWS the Roland Plug is still on screen- not an issue for me, just happy to have it working)

Plug Out also works (verified System 1m)

TOP TIP - open VSTi Plug out (even demo), transfer to plug out. de-active plug in (tick box), make new track, hardware instrument, select system 1- play instrument as hardware (0 latency, no demo noise) and select patches/edit with deactivated vst PLUG. :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Bitwig”