Bitwig Studio 1.1.9 RC-1

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ezzda wrote:Okay to the guys, who replied to my audio mod comment above.
How can you compare something like that to delete master channel bug?
How can you even work without audio mod? What kind of music are you making with bitwig?
If audio mod is not working, then the whole bitwig is not working. No point to even fix the other bugs. :/
I beg to differ! However, the bug is filed and will get fixed, no worries.

Cheers,
Dom

Any chance to get the retina support merged in 1.1.9? :D

:uhuhuh:

dom@bitwig wrote:
kaspy003 wrote:Btw, select clips with mouse bug: (Mac Osx 10.10.3, Bitwig Studio 1.1.9 RC1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UbtjIOcX94
Does not look like something new, did you try that in 1.1.8? Should be the same.
If you look closely at the inspector, you end up with selecting more than 30.000 notes at once.
Are you sure you need all of those notes in those few clips? Most often, people end up with that many unwanted notes by just setting the clip boundaries to a small portion of a full midi file instead of actually cutting the clip.

Selecting clip with tens or hundred thousands of notes is most often not necessary, but it is something we want to improve in the future nonetheless.

Cheers,
Dom
I def use this function a lot with way more clips than that. I have found that it get's slow when selecting more but if I want to duplicate an entire section of my song, containing let's say 40+ tracks, not being able to select definitely decreases workflow . Obviously there are work arounds. If I'm not mistaken, if I select the loop markers and use the select tool (or something to that effect) it selects all the clips in the region and boom, copy/paste that mother :)

I also want to mention that none of the bugs I have experienced has prevented me from making music. I still prefer BW to Live - bugs an all ;)

dom@bitwig wrote:
kaspy003 wrote:
dom@bitwig wrote:
kaspy003 wrote:Btw, select clips with mouse bug: (Mac Osx 10.10.3, Bitwig Studio 1.1.9 RC1)
kaspy003 wrote: Ok, maybe it's not bug, but what about solo and send bug? :pray:
There are no solo or send fixes in this RC. Don't know which one you're referring to, do you have a support ticket number for it?

Cheers,
Dom
Sorry Dom, i sent it just now!
Mac OSX, Bitwig Studio, Spire, Massive

stateofthearb wrote:
dom@bitwig wrote:
Does not look like something new, did you try that in 1.1.8? Should be the same.
If you look closely at the inspector, you end up with selecting more than 30.000 notes at once.
Are you sure you need all of those notes in those few clips? Most often, people end up with that many unwanted notes by just setting the clip boundaries to a small portion of a full midi file instead of actually cutting the clip.

Selecting clip with tens or hundred thousands of notes is most often not necessary, but it is something we want to improve in the future nonetheless.

Cheers,
Dom
I def use this function a lot with way more clips than that. I have found that it get's slow when selecting more but if I want to duplicate an entire section of my song, containing let's say 40+ tracks, not being able to select definitely decreases workflow . Obviously there are work arounds. If I'm not mistaken, if I select the loop markers and use the select tool (or something to that effect) it selects all the clips in the region and boom, copy/paste that mother :)

I also want to mention that none of the bugs I have experienced has prevented me from making music. I still prefer BW to Live - bugs an all ;)
Yes dom i use this feature to a lot and it prevent me from a good workflow. selecting clips and have to many midi should nto be this slow. I love bitwig though. But saying it is not necesarry is wrong, dont tell other what is importent and not. I say its importent to me. Other tell same things. Having much midi slows down gui a lot when sleecting dublicating etc. TO annoying... but yes this is like this in 1.1.8 also

I never said that.
I said "Selecting clip with tens or hundred thousands of notes is most often not necessary" because in the majority of cases people end up with that many notes by accident, and not actually playing them.
For the use cases where several ten thousands notes are necessary, we will fix this performance issue in a future update. Which i also stated already.

Cheers,
Dom

+1

I'm also having issues with the slowness in larger projects, they definitely don't contain thousands of notes. But testing it with many notes is a good way to illustrate the problem. Occurs with many automation points as well. It is an issue which gradually gets worse the bigger the project gets to a stage where it is unworkable.

Waiting for 0,5 second to get a clip moved, doesn't seem like a big deal but in the end feels like working in mud.

Working in Live until it gets fixed :(

Btw reported this a while ago. Great to hear the team is aware.

Raffi wrote:+1

I'm also having issues with the slowness in larger projects, they definitely don't contain thousands of notes. But testing it with many notes is a good way to illustrate the problem. Occurs with many automation points as well. It is an issue which gradually gets worse the bigger the project gets to a stage where it is unworkable.

Waiting for 0,5 second to get a clip moved, doesn't seem like a big deal but in the end feels like working in mud.

+1 :D agree
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Yes, I agree with this. Bitwig performs badly when projects grow big. I created a topic on this a while ago (forum/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=437398) and it seemed that I was not the only one experiencing it. Glad to hear the team is aware of it.

I get this too, just a basic clip with some chords and top line notes, if I try to select them all the whole program slows right down. I thought it was just me so as someone mentioned, good that bitwig know about it and will fix it.

Bobby L'Avenir wrote:

I get this too, just a basic clip with some chords and top line notes, if I try to select them all the whole program slows right down. I thought it was just me so as someone mentioned, good that bitwig know about it and will fix it.
How many notes are we talking about in your case? A basic clip with a few notes does not sound like several thousand?

Cheers,
Dom

dom@bitwig wrote:
Bobby L'Avenir wrote:

How many notes are we talking about in your case? A basic clip with a few notes does not sound like several thousand?

Cheers,
Dom
Sorry to interfere here; just to make clear it isn't related to notes only. The way automation dots work atm doesn't help this issue either, I was in touch with Heiko regarding this but haven't got a reply since. Below a part of my email:

I want it to copy automation, just don’t want added dots when there is no automation to be copied e.g. when there is a straight line.

Maybe it’s better to explain so you can replicate:

1. Add a polysynth track
2. Double click in the arranger to create an empty clip
3. Show automation lane of for example Volume.
4. Add one dot
5. Duplicate the clip

As you will now see it adds 2 dots to the beginning and end of the clip. Also when deleting the region the automation still sticks (automation follow clips IS on). After a while these things clutter up a busy project tremendously and leaves me with hundreds of dots with no purpose which I have to clean up to make the project more fluid.

dom@bitwig wrote:
Bobby L'Avenir wrote:

Cheers,
Dom

Just ordinary melodies Dom, I know that May not explain much but I'm talking just basic midi clips for a piano part or some basic chord progression. It slows right down when I try to select all the notes. I could send over some of the midi parts it does it with if you like?

Thanks for the updates, Volker and Dom!

I'm always glad to see updates in the Livid control scripts. I guess this will have to hold me over until I get the golden ticket for the 1.2.beta... :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I'm not a very good tester though...because things just keep on working the way I want them to!

'Tis a good problem to have- keep up the great work! :tu: :phones: :tu: :phones:
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

Return to “Bitwig”