Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

moss wrote: The Push is the best. But noone knows what the future brings :wink:
Thanks! That really means something, coming from the man himself.

Seems like my gas isn't going away till I buy this thing. Dammit, wish I hadn't bought the apc mini. Could've saved some cash there.

Hi Moss

I have two feature request for PUSH4BITWIG

In session view, would it be possible to display the clip names, for example by clicking shit + VOL, it will display the current selected or played clip name? Cause i like to play live without seeing the laptop, and some times i have to look a t it to see wich clip to play.

In session view, would ti be possible to scroll up or down in bitwig screen when you navigate with arrow up or down on PUSH ?

Thanks again for your really impressive work for this script!!!

Cedre

Hey guys, im seeming to have an issue with Push4Bitwig, i have it on my computer and have my push hooked up. I detect controller and my push lights up, but there is no response, it shows all the info it should but it seems as if the midi-in functions for everything are not working, while the midi our functions seems to be just fine. Please help! I only use bitwig and just bought my push last night for bitwig!!

kaptiv wrote:Hey guys, im seeming to have an issue with Push4Bitwig, i have it on my computer and have my push hooked up. I detect controller and my push lights up, but there is no response, it shows all the info it should but it seems as if the midi-in functions for everything are not working, while the midi our functions seems to be just fine. Please help! I only use bitwig and just bought my push last night for bitwig!!
Make sure you have selected the correct midi in/out ports. It needs to be number 2!

Don't know if anyone noticed this, but if you use fixed length with any time signature other than 4/4 it doesn't work as intended. For example, creating a 2 bar long clip in 3/4 time will create a clip that is 8 beats long rather than 6. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way it is? Is it an API limitation?

maschinelf wrote:Don't know if anyone noticed this, but if you use fixed length with any time signature other than 4/4 it doesn't work as intended. For example, creating a 2 bar long clip in 3/4 time will create a clip that is 8 beats long rather than 6. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way it is? Is it an API limitation?
Thanks for reporting! Seems like the rest of the world is only doing 4 on the floor. :D

I fixed it on Github. You need 1.2 Beta 3 if you want to test it.

deleted
Last edited by maschinelf on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT- After more investigation, I have come to the conclusion that this is in fact a bitwig related bug. It may be exarcebated in some situation while using push, but I've found that it can also happen with no controller connected. In all cases, it is related directly to using finder instead of bitwig's browser. When using Bitwig browser, it works as expected. But when dragging & dropping files directly from finder, it will eventually hang, with or without controllers connected.

maschinelf wrote:EDIT- After more investigation, I have come to the conclusion that this is in fact a bitwig related bug. It may be exarcebated in some situation while using push, but I've found that it can also happen with no controller connected. In all cases, it is related directly to using finder instead of bitwig's browser. When using Bitwig browser, it works as expected. But when dragging & dropping files directly from finder, it will eventually hang, with or without controllers connected.
Please report it to Bitwig.

Already reported .. Unfortunately they haven't been able to reproduce it yet, though I'm obviously not the only person affected by it.

moss,

I was wondering if you could explain the foot control logic to me. I was hoping it would behave similar to Live in that:

If there is no clip in the selected slot, pressing the foot pedal would create a clip and begin record mode. Releasing it would end record mode.
If there is a clip in the selected slot, pressing the foot pedal would enable (not toggle) LauncherOverdub. Releasing it would turn off LauncherOverdub.
If transport is not playing and a clip is in the selected slot, pressing the foot pedal would start transport playing and LauncherOverdub would be enabled. Releasing it would leave the transport playing but turn off LauncherOverdub.

What I'm finding now is that each press off the pedal creates a new 1 bar clip. Is this intended?

Thanks

ToneCre8 wrote: I was wondering if you could explain the foot control logic to me. I was hoping it would behave similar to Live in that:
See the Wiki:
Footswitch 1 - Sends sustain
Footswitch 2 - Triggers the new button.

moss wrote: See the Wiki:
Footswitch 1 - Sends sustain
Footswitch 2 - Triggers the new button.
Edit: Figured out the clip length buttons. :dog:

Great work! I picked up a push this weekend and it's incredible how many features are already implemented.

I did have one strange thing, I had one clip (with a vsti on it) which had insterted notes on every step of the grid, on 3 notes (so 3 rows of notes over the entire clip). It's probably a user error if no one else had that but still unsure what might have triggered that. Every note had a seperate undo entry, so undoing was only possible by pressing cmd-z a million times.

Hi Moss, thank you very much for your work - bought a Push a few days ago simply because of this script. :D While (of course) the implementation in Ableton Live is better/slicker at the moment, i'm amazed at how close your Push4Bitwig script is!

I actually read through all the 44 pages in this thread (slow day at work :D ) to avoid stupid questions and there's one thing that i hope could be implemented in the future:
stamp wrote:
moss wrote:
polygonsheep wrote:Hey Moss,

Every time I hit "New" to record a new clip, overdub is turned on. Is there a way to keep overdub off?

thanks!
Uh no. That's how the function is inteded to work. You create a clip, which is ready for playing into it.
It's nice for realtime recording but if you're more into stepsequencing it's annoying.
Would be nice to have an option to deactivate this behaviour. Thanks!
It would indeed be very nice for step sequencing, so an option in the menu would be fantastic.

Anyway, keep up the good work, it's greatly appreciated! :tu: :tu:

Return to “Controller Scripting”