SOLVED Import midi file win 10 BWS v 1.1.11 RC 1

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
On previous versions of BWS I was able to drag and drop a midi file from my desktop the arranger windows of BWS

But since upgrading from win 7 to win 10 and the latest Rc version of BWS
this no longer works

does any body else have this problem or only me ?

cheers
Kev
Last edited by turbo_kev on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

turbo_kev wrote:Hi
On previous versions of BWS I was able to drag and drop a midi file from my desktop the arranger windows of BWS

But since upgrading from win 7 to win 10 and the latest Rc version of BWS
this no longer works

does any body else have this problem or only me ?

cheers
Kev
I'm on Windows 10 Build 10525 (Preview) with Bitwig RC 1.1.11 and just dragged a midi file from desktop to the arranger window and didn't have an issue with that. Played as always.

sorry..

This can be an issue if the app is running in Administrator mode... You can change this tho... Running apps as administrator seems to put them in a locked state from basic functionality in windows... Right click on the app>properties>shortcut tab> Advanced, then deselect the "Run as Administrator" checkbox... Try that, it might fix it for ya :)
Good luck... V.

HI
You are correct

on windows 10 don't run BW in Admin mode and drag n drop midi works

if you run it in Admin mode it doesn't work

thanks for the tip
cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Return to “Bitwig”