having some issues with SynthMaster crashing my keyboard controller (Arturia Keylab 49)

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm running the Arturia Keylab 49 on Bitwig 1.1.10 Win10x64. I also tried running it on Bitwig 1.2b5.

For some reason when I use SynthMaster it seems to crash my keyboard's controller script, like it's sending too much midi data back to the controller or something. Stuff like the transport controls get delayed by up to 30 seconds.

Normally when I play keys in the lower range of the keyboard the drum pads light up, but when I'm using SM to play keys in that range it will clog up and then a minute or two later Bitwig will reset the controller script or something and the pads will light up quickly.

I'm not sure how to debug this problem. When I switch to a different device my Keylab will eventually fix itself after a minute or two and start working fine again, until I switch to a track with a SM device loaded.

It seems like when I first upgraded to Win10 and was using 2.7.1 everything was fine...it started acting funky after updating 2.7.3. Unfortunately it seems like now even with 2.7.1 or 2.6.21 I'm running into these issues.

It's frustrating because SM is one of my go-to synths, I tend to use it in all my projects.

I tried a clean reinstall of SM 2.7.3.

It seems like everything works ok in Reaper 5.0 so it seems Bitwig-specific, but it's also SM-specific because I'm not having this issue with any other VSTs.

Can anyone help?

~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Seems like a controller scripting issue where one of my other devices was somehow glitching out the KeyLab somehow.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

I have had the same issue and reported it here and also to SynthMaster forum.

There is a workaround for this. Create a custom chain, where you insert Synthmaster and it should work fine. :-)

Return to “Bitwig”