Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Ive experienced some bugs.

1. Sometimes when playing notes, some notes that light up green, and I know they shouldn't be lit up. For example ill press a note and the one directly under it will light up.

2. When sequencing drums or even playing them in, I can't see a green play head on Push, and Im pretty sure the notes are displayed incorrectly on Push.

3. When pressing "select" and a drum pad, its not silently selecting it.

4. Delete isn't really working for me.
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

TristanMendoza wrote: 1. Sometimes when playing notes, some notes that light up green, and I know they shouldn't be lit up. For example ill press a note and the one directly under it will light up.
3. When pressing "select" and a drum pad, its not silently selecting it.
Known Bitwig bug which happens randomly. As a workaround select as MIDI input for the track only "Push" (not all midi input).
TristanMendoza wrote: 2. When sequencing drums or even playing them in, I can't see a green play head on Push, and Im pretty sure the notes are displayed incorrectly on Push.
Make sure that the clip you want to edit is selected and focused in Bitwig.
TristanMendoza wrote: 4. Delete isn't really working for me.
Another open issue: "Delete" is currently just sending a Delete button press like on the keyboard. Specific API extensions for deleting specific elements are already on the bitwig wishlist.

Grabbed a push yesterday and tried the script. Thank you for your work! I would also pay for those scripts (if they are working 100%).

Discovered 2 Bugs:

1. Navigating through clip matrix in session mode is inconsistent. e.g. I press the right arrow 3x and on second & third press it overjumps a whole track. If I press very slow this won't happen but it's too slow for a fluent workflow

2. I open a device, e.g. polysynth, and go to device mode. the second of the two lines of small buttons is now flickering when I press notes. The flickering of the LEDs stops if don't play notes any longer. This happens in every note mode.

Strange: Even in raindrop mode when press grey buttons which do not send midi to bitwig, it is flickering too.

Happens on different computers with different OS.

Thanks again for your work!

Since several questions are asked repeatedly by new users I put together a FAQ and known issues page:

https://github.com/git-moss/Push4Bitwig ... own-Issues

Just an idea really rather than a feature request, but hopefully this will be possible in the future.
I think it'd be cool to select an audio clip from Push, and do some button combination to slice that clip to a drum machine, and using like the top two rows of buttons, change the resolution of the slicing, and everything like that. That'd be awesome!
-Tristan

TristanMendoza wrote:Just an idea really rather than a feature request, but hopefully this will be possible in the future.
I think it'd be cool to select an audio clip from Push, and do some button combination to slice that clip to a drum machine, and using like the top two rows of buttons, change the resolution of the slicing, and everything like that. That'd be awesome!
The API is not even close to supporting something like this.

Although I have had the same dream of controlling things like that but Volker is busy doing core things right now.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

TeotiGraphix wrote:
TristanMendoza wrote:Just an idea really rather than a feature request, but hopefully this will be possible in the future.
The API is not even close to supporting something like this.

Although I have had the same dream of controlling things like that but Volker is busy doing core things right now.

Mike
One day :)
-Tristan

Push just freezes up from time to time so I have to switch it off and back on to get it to see bitwig again, is this a known bug too or?

Bobby L'Avenir wrote:Push just freezes up from time to time so I have to switch it off and back on to get it to see bitwig again, is this a known bug too or?
Never happened to me.

Bobby L'Avenir wrote:Push just freezes up from time to time so I have to switch it off and back on to get it to see bitwig again, is this a known bug too or?
If by "freezing up" you mean that suddenly the display stops working - yes, happens to me everytime too. The knobs and buttons still work but the display doesn't show anything except scale mode and the master track options...

Couldn't yet find the exact steps to reproduce though, so i'll keep trying and let moss know. I don't even know if it's a Bitwig bug or something in the script.

Is there a way to view the pianoroll of the selected Clip with push?

SB-SIX wrote:Is there a way to view the pianoroll of the selected Clip with push?
Keep the Master button pressed for a screen which allows to toggle perspectives and panels.

Hey Guys,

I am getting the freezing as well, on BW 1.1.10, PUsh 4.4., Mavericks 10.9.5

I can seem to get it to happen by selecting tracks with Push on the top row bottons. Though I have found that if I let everything sit for a minute or 2, push will eventually unfreeze, though not always.

hmmm, I seem to be able to trace my freezes to the Kirnu Cream plugin. Whenever a track is selected that has that plugin on it, communication seems to shutdown to push. Have the newest kirnu installed, and am digging around. Will maybe post on that forum as well when i know more....

cheers

here is the Kirnu post - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p6220740

This script is fantastic--thanks so much! When I'm performing with it, I'm also playing instruments and stuff so it's difficult to press shift and stop to stop all clips. I was wondering if it's possible to 1. have an option to double-press stop to get it to stop all clips, or 2. map a sustain pedal to stop all clips. I tried right clicking on stop all buttons but the map dialogue doesn't come up.

Thanks!

Return to “Controller Scripting”