(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You're in good company Colin!

Last Black Friday I nearly bought Soundtoys v4, with no intention of installing it until the dongle-free v5 came out, but decided not to in the end. That would have been a very expensive unused purchase.

As long as you don't name the year when talking about months then you'll be fine :)

Wow did I hear right

Ladies and Gentlemen after more or less 1035 days of waiting... Epoch (perfect name after all!) is going to be released in September.
That is such exciting news.

September!

September!

September!

2015?

Sounded to me like Colin said '*Late* September *at the earliest*'?

taoyoyo wrote:Sounded to me like Colin said '*Late* September *at the earliest*'?
And he probably meant: for release of first beta version. So why not release it now (bugs and all), as a 'pre-beta 1' and work up from there? At the end of September first official beta, early 2017 first release candidate, etc. Seems entirely logical to me. :clown:

All my excitement has gone in the meantime and was replaced by
"if it ever will be released it will be released, if not it won't".
"If it will be helpful it will be helpful, if not it won't".
Basically !Epoch is useful for learning Zen more than for anything else.

Ommmmmmmm.....

Cheers,

Tommmmmmm.....
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

taoyoyo wrote:Sounded to me like Colin said '*Late* September *at the earliest*'?
No no no...what he said was he was in full intense coding to hopefully conjure a miracle in which the product with no name *will be released* by the end of September!! This means there will be an "intense coding" pre release before October but NOT before last year or any prior years that have transpired. I hope this makes everything all clear.
If not you may want to LUA my lingo to make it all clear.
ThomasHelzle wrote:All my excitement has gone in the meantime and was replaced by
"if it ever will be released it will be released, if not it won't".
It will definitely be ever released, but if not, at least it wont right? Right. I think.

So Colin, can you please add audio? I can wait. :D
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

? ? ? wrote:So Colin, can you please add audio? I can wait. :D
According to my calculations, audio'll only take a week, and you know how good I am at getting these deadlines met! (Which is to say, let's put that on the road-map for v2, rather than think about it now!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: According to my calculations, audio'll only take a week, and you know how good I am at getting these deadlines met! (Which is to say, let's put that on the road-map for v2, rather than think about it now!)
Seriously? You'll consider adding audio for version 2? To be honest when you mentioned having no interest in implementing audio unless there was an absolute need for it, that pretty much killed it for me. Audio is an absolute must for what I'm looking to do so if you do consider adding it for a later version then I'll definitely stay interested (not that one man matters but hopefully others will agree audio would be great). Regardless it'll be fun to check out your new app.

Manipulating audio on the fly the same way your app manipulates MIDI on the fly.....that would be ideal.

Hey how about that? Call your app The Fly? Or WASP. Widi Audio Software Performer. I literally just made this up now while typing and actually like it.

? ? ? wrote:Or WASP. Widi Audio Software Performer. I literally just made this up now while typing and actually like it.
Unfortunately WASP was taken many years ago.

colin@loomer wrote:Still aiming for soon, and I can't see it slipping into 2016: there simply isn't much left to do, short of any unforeseen biggies. It's frustrating that a few unexpected issues arose over the past few weeks, including some nasty subtle issues with the event system which ended up taking over a week to fix due to the events mechanism needing some crucial surgeries. And on one hand, whilst it's annoying spending time fixing code that I thought was solid, I can also appreciate that the changes were really needed, and it was better to fix them before rather than after beta!
Sounds complex, but rewarding! Speaking of beta, seems you mentioned a public beta, on this one? Either way, public or private, I'm always glad to help,man! :)

? ? ? wrote:
colin@loomer wrote: According to my calculations, audio'll only take a week, and you know how good I am at getting these deadlines met! (Which is to say, let's put that on the road-map for v2, rather than think about it now!)
Seriously? You'll consider adding audio for version 2? To be honest when you mentioned having no interest in implementing audio unless there was an absolute need for it, that pretty much killed it for me. Audio is an absolute must for what I'm looking to do so if you do consider adding it for a later version then I'll definitely stay interested (not that one man matters but hopefully others will agree audio would be great). Regardless it'll be fun to check out your new app.

Manipulating audio on the fly the same way your app manipulates MIDI on the fly.....that would be ideal.

Hey how about that? Call your app The Fly? Or WASP. Widi Audio Software Performer. I literally just made this up now while typing and actually like it.
In the meantime check out Usine: http://www.sensomusic.org/
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: In the meantime check out Usine: http://www.sensomusic.org/
I've been using it and really liked it before but now it's addicting. It definitely could use some tweaks here and there but I'll give it 'till version 3 or 4 before it beats Ableton for the defacto live app out there.

Yes Usine is really good.

I have Usine but have never found it useful - I just can't get into the interface

but the really sad thing I just realised is that currency movements since the start of this thread have added 50% to the price for me :(

So we now have Reaktor 6...

COME ON COLIN !!!!!!

We're running out of other releases that will never happen.

Also, !Epoch alongside Reaktor 6 will be utterly awesome. Just saying :D

Return to “Loomer”