Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA-5

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

progboy wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:
progboy wrote:are any of these in beta-5?

spectrum analyser? (atleast in EQ5)
48 pole filter in EQ's
pingpong delay? using LFO on the current delays to achieve pingpong doesn't get a nice result
No. There is a way to make a ping pong though, at the bottom here: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/bitwig- ... /downloads

Since they demoed an oscilloscope, a spectrum analyzer may not be far off.

@xbitz, dragging midi from the browser is not working for me here. I'll send in a report.
thanks, ive downloaded the preset, how do I go about getting it into bitwig?
Open Bitwig, drag the chain preset onto a track in Bitwig, save the chain as a preset.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

it wont allow that

billcarroll wrote:
progboy wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:

48 pole filter in EQ's
pingpong delay? using LFO on the current delays to achieve pingpong doesn't get a nice result
No. There is a way to make a ping pong though, at the bottom here: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/bitwig- ... /downloads

@xbitz, dragging midi from the browser is not working for me here. I'll send in a report.
Open Bitwig, drag the chain preset onto a track in Bitwig, save the chain as a preset.
its not allowing that

Ok now that I understand how the collections work, I am liking the new browser a lot and don't feel like I need to use bookmarks in the file system. That's cool.

One little thing - would it possible to remember which tab the browser is on? It always goes back to devices, but often want to start with presets.

Thanks

progboy wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
progboy wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:

48 pole filter in EQ's

its not allowing that
This might seem obvious, but make sure you unzip the preset before trying to add it to Bitwig. After unzipping, the file will be named something like "Ping Pong Delay.bwpreset".

Are you able to browse for the downloaded preset using the files tab of the Bitwig browser, and then double click or drag to a track to add?

If you are still having issues, please post your OS, and Bitwig version so people here have more to go on to help.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

How do you delete a collection?

Ogopogo wrote:How do you delete a collection?
delete key :)

Oh, heh, thanks. Maybe it should have a delete option in the right click menu like everything else though too.

Ogopogo wrote:Does anybody else think that it would be nice to be able to get a preview for a sample as you click on it, just like you do in the normal browser? Seems like the audition browser might have been originally designed with hot swapping in mind, but now it's also being used to start things off. I love that I can call up the browser right from the track area to create a track with a drum machine on it in one go, but then I want to use it to find samples for that drum machine, and right now I have to have a midi beat made already or use the keyboard to hear what sounds I'm selecting, and that's frustrating.
at first i thought this behaviour was really strange, but it´s so much easier if you have a beat an search for the right sound, from my perspective... in general i have a beat in mind even before i have the sound of it in my head, so i doesn´t intrude me..

Cheers

Hi guys, could anyone of you check the following behaviour, and confirm or deny it.

I did a shortcut on "Solo a Track", using "Shift+S" and it solos one Track but if i keep shift pressed to add another one, and hit "S" again it just solo the last clicked track but not both of them.... same for Mute. :/

Thanks

billcarroll wrote:
progboy wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
progboy wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:

48 pole filter in EQ's

its not allowing that
thank you. followed your advice and it worked

This might seem obvious, but make sure you unzip the preset before trying to add it to Bitwig. After unzipping, the file will be named something like "Ping Pong Delay.bwpreset".

Are you able to browse for the downloaded preset using the files tab of the Bitwig browser, and then double click or drag to a track to add?

If you are still having issues, please post your OS, and Bitwig version so people here have more to go on to help.

for me the Shortcut "Alt+C" is not working, am i doing sth. wrong ? :?

Keep getting some perma-audio engine crashes. I can work for a while (30-60 mins) then something will crash the audio engine (haven't tracked it down to anything in particular yet, although clicking through multiple things in the browser while audio is playing seems to cause it quite a lot). I then can't enable the audio engine again on the project until I restart my computer (even restarting Bitwig doesn't help). Seems to be primarily related to third party plugins, if I start a new project then add stuff gradually it will work, but opening any old project with third party plugins immediately crashes the engine once this glitch has occurred.

I'm also getting a few errors with the saving of plugin states, which I haven't seen for a while. I wonder whether the two are related. Seem to have a few error messages relating to plugin states in temp directories, presumably this is where they are held whilst a project is actively being worked on?

After a fresh PC reboot these projects open fine until the crash happens again half an hour or so into a session.

Also had a few memory leak issues where my PC had BSOD'd a few seconds after getting a windows error message asking me to close BitwigPluginHost as it is using 15GB of memory.

Have submitted crash reports on these, just wondering whether anybody else is having similar issues?

Hez wrote:Keep getting some perma-audio engine crashes. I can work for a while (30-60 mins) then something will crash the audio engine (haven't tracked it down to anything in particular yet, although clicking through multiple things in the browser while audio is playing seems to cause it quite a lot). I then can't enable the audio engine again on the project until I restart my computer (even restarting Bitwig doesn't help). Seems to be primarily related to third party plugins, if I start a new project then add stuff gradually it will work, but opening any old project with third party plugins immediately crashes the engine once this glitch has occurred.

I'm also getting a few errors with the saving of plugin states, which I haven't seen for a while. I wonder whether the two are related. Seem to have a few error messages relating to plugin states in temp directories, presumably this is where they are held whilst a project is actively being worked on?

After a fresh PC reboot these projects open fine until the crash happens again half an hour or so into a session.

Also had a few memory leak issues where my PC had BSOD'd a few seconds after getting a windows error message asking me to close BitwigPluginHost as it is using 15GB of memory.

Have submitted crash reports on these, just wondering whether anybody else is having similar issues?
Sounds like a plugin problem. Maybe you can track down the plugin with the memory leak by having a look at the task manager and only loading one plugin at a time (of those you use in the affected projects). If the plugin memory consumption is growing steadily, that should be your target.
What OS and what audio interface are you using? How much RAM do you have?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Okay just tried deleting my cache in AppData -> Local -> Bitwig and that seems to have fixed it. Bitwig is also loading the audio engine on first open about 10x faster.

Need to narrow down what it is in cache that is causing the crash...

Return to “Bitwig”