Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA-6

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using a beta host in a beta OS - not a good idea in the first place, hardly a major bug under such circumstances.

qtheerearranger wrote:i assume someone has reported the auto-crash when consolidating audio clips? it crashes so hard for me lol
I could not reproduce this. I tried it on a hybrid track and an audio track. Working fine.

Anything specific you are doing?

works as expected here as well.

WXLF wrote:
qtheerearranger wrote:i assume someone has reported the auto-crash when consolidating audio clips? it crashes so hard for me lol
I could not reproduce this. I tried it on a hybrid track and an audio track. Working fine.

Anything specific you are doing?
no issue here too :

putted an audio loop on a track

looped it from bar 1 to bar 2 ...

added a second loop on same tracks at "1,5/2" bar...

cliked play...

selected both clip / right cliked consolidate..

win10 pro x64 .

night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

Same here, happened 3 times already...
Dunno if it's related to large audiofiles...but that's where I got my crashes.
Reported...osx yosemite

Hi, just wanted to say thanks to Bitwig for the Beta, love all the new things in Bitwig, but I'm personally missing the old functionality of adding devices with the "+" and the small menu with native bitwig devices. New browser is great but maybe make it so we can have just favourites pop up when we hit the "+" on the device bar or something? IDK sometimes the new browser is just too much if you want to access things quickly.

i have managed to load all default and 3rd party fxp. for Xfer Serum , nerve and Dune2 . but can't make new browser to see fxp/fxb for other vst's . i suppose it's a bug in beta 6 ?

Granum wrote:Hi, just wanted to say thanks to Bitwig for the Beta, love all the new things in Bitwig, but I'm personally missing the old functionality of adding devices with the "+" and the small menu with native bitwig devices. New browser is great but maybe make it so we can have just favourites pop up when we hit the "+" on the device bar or something? IDK sometimes the new browser is just too much if you want to access things quickly.
Some people were talking about that before, I think they were trying to address that when they did this:
dom@bitwig wrote:IMPROVED Right clicking the + buttons or using Shift modifier opens popup browser with Favourites collect pre-selected.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

dom@bitwig wrote:IMPROVED Right clicking the + buttons or using Shift modifier opens popup browser with Favourites collect pre-selected.
And I just realized this doesn't work for me, right clicking on the plus still brings up the right click menu. Shift click works though. OS X

Hey, the beta is out for 1,5 days now. Anyone wants to start a 1.3 waiting thread? Because you just can't make music until you have that spectrum analyzer device!

Lexicon Alpha not working:

Code: Select all

Engine failed to connect
ASIOCreateBuffers returned error code: Not present

Granum wrote:Hi, just wanted to say thanks to Bitwig for the Beta, love all the new things in Bitwig, but I'm personally missing the old functionality of adding devices with the "+" and the small menu with native bitwig devices. New browser is great but maybe make it so we can have just favourites pop up when we hit the "+" on the device bar or something? IDK sometimes the new browser is just too much if you want to access things quickly.
not if you make custom collections. Make custom collections.

Ogopogo wrote:
Some people were talking about talking about before, I think they were trying to that address when they did this:
Actually this is kinda weird the way they did this imo. Its virtually the same as opening it the normal way. Not much different at all. Maybe it should open the bitwig stuff instead so the people crying about the old functionality can be happy. I personally love the new browser and I would never want to revert back to the old way. Of course I have had time to use it and get used to it. Custom collections is where its at.

Its just too nice:
Last edited by owensands on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think favorites is a better choice than bitwig stuff. You get to choose that way and you can just add the Bitwig stuff to favorites if that's what you want. And thanks for quoting that ridiculous string of typos 2 seconds before I fixed it. :dog:

fluoxethine wrote:Lexicon Alpha not working:

Code: Select all

Engine failed to connect
ASIOCreateBuffers returned error code: Not present
Had the same problem with Echo Audiofire 4, and then after that it wouldn't start at all. I did a reinstall, and it gave the same message again on the first try but worked when I tried to activate the audio engine, and has worked since then. OS X 10.9.5 here.

I'm still getting audio drag n drop from finder to consistently hang the beta, like it was with 1.1.8-10. The same files dragged from inside bitwig seem to work flawlessly, and audio drag n drop works fine when dragging into another instrument e.g. Maschine. It only hangs when dragging from finder into the bitwig arrangement timeline or launcher. Was hoping this problem would somehow get solved with 1.2, and they haven't been able reproduce it either nor does it affect everyone, so I guess once things settle down with 1.2 and if we can identify what some possible causes could be, I will pursue this more and it will eventually get fixed.

Return to “Bitwig”