creating drones (infinite note looping)

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MIDI Chordholder (https://code.google.com/p/pizmidi/) and inside looping knows the trick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_59C6N3kG2I

any better ? :roll:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

no idea. i am also looking for that.
i know two daw's where i can do this easily.

super easy in Live... in Bitwig you gotta make a very very very long clip ;-)

in fl studio u can set the midi note to infinite !

Chordholder is the best idea for now. Nice thing with this Plug: It still holds the note(s) when you change to another track.

Is has a little "downside": Sometimes the VSTs wont get the note off correct when you turn Chorholder off, so you have to bypass and re-enable the vst to silence it.

Feature request it (Y)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Most synths use cc 64 for that, you can draw a automation for it. No plugin needed.

Tearing Riots is right, if your synth support the sustain pedal CC, the easiest way to have an infinite note is probably:

- create a clip
- move the starting point of the clip (i.e. the left marker in the ruler of the clip editor) before the loop start
- create a note somewhere before the loop start, but ending inside the loop
- in the automation editor, choose Midi CC 64, and enter a point (value 127) somewhere inside the loop (and inside the note)
- hit play

drakmaniso wrote:Tearing Riots is right, if your synth support the sustain pedal CC, the easiest way to have an infinite note is probably:

- create a clip
- move the starting point of the clip (i.e. the left marker in the ruler of the clip editor) before the loop start
- in the automation editor, choose Midi CC 64, and enter a point (value 127) somewhere inside the loop (and inside the note)
- hit play
Sweet! That works! Thanks much! :tu:

Yeah instead of loop midi, loop automation with clip ediditg automation edit and have automation loop :) works also :) do cc 64 and when clip ends loop also ends
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

drakmaniso wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:47 pm - create a clip
- hit play
That is just not working here :( Here I attached a clip where I'm trying to achieve for new notes not to be triggered in any moment. Please hear on the 12 sec how wavetable is jumping to the beginning in Hive2, because I guess it does received some notes.

https://mega.nz/file/nswwFKwD#h2co0dgI3 ... AONp7KgdSw

Anyone has any kind of tip to solve this?

xphorm wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:21 pm
Anyone has any kind of tip to solve this?
The clip loop start point has to begin later than the notes, then they just go endlessly and there's no restart

What I use is a Note Grid with a button attached to the gate output. I have it set as the default preset for Note Grid.

Before Note Grid was available, I used a Chain preset with a DC Offset followed by a Replacer.

Yeah that could actually work, thanks! Will try it later and report if there are still some problems!

Return to “Bitwig”