Things you would love to see happening in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

• Automation clips that can be easily manipulated (copy, cut, paste, slice, resize, delete, move, etc).
  • Ghost MIDI and automation clips like in FL Studio (edit one to edit all).
  • MIDI loop recording that doesn't overwrite last loop when Overdub = OFF until MIDI input is detected like in FL Studio.
  • Undo while recording: Undo last loop, undo all loops.
  • Smart tools like in Sonar, and also Modifier key + Left mouse click to gain temporary access to secondary tools.

FF (fast forward ) & RW (rewind) buttons

Midi information filter on the track inspector

that does it for me

cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

A nice controller for iPad or feature to split the windows to 'laptop' and 'main window'. Now I could launch my clips from iPad.

Support for using a graphics tablet / digitiser. As it is now, adjustments and scrolling are near impossible to do using one.

- non-destructive quantize
- 2nd ghost cips
- more filter models
- an uber reverb
- retro record
- an option to set midi channel input for instruments
- colour schemes or an option to hack a config file to do so (whenever, it's low priority)
- a chord device for both lazy and crazy folk (preferably with a lazy and crazy setting)
- cross-fade looping in sampler and better sample selection for overlapped samples (need to look at this properly as am going by forum posts)
- tightening up of midi and mapping (some experiments revealed some dropped timing when triggering midi mapped clips)
- a "more cowbell" setting :clown: ED: Daaaaamn "E-Cowbell device" in 1.3! :D
- more awesomeness (already delivered but keep it coming - may you all be blessed with beer and other goodness)

Over all I'm glad to be on the Bitwig bus. Things are happening! :)
Last edited by fluxmachina on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fix reboot issue with El Capitan. Such a pain.

fades and crossfades
improve follow actions (They could be much better)
time signature automation
fix the MPE support
and fix the buggy behaviors in other existing features (bounce, automation etc)

I'm still waiting for numeric metering, seriously, how is this not implemented yet?
Am I just missing something or is there no way of telling the volume of your channels without hovering over the big fat orange bar?

Nauree wrote:I'm still waiting for numeric metering, seriously, how is this not implemented yet?
Am I just missing something or is there no way of telling the volume of your channels without hovering over the big fat orange bar?
enable the big meters in mixer view

VST3 and a chord device would be nice.

xfgjcgfhjkvhjklvhjkl
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Next Action" for Scenes and also the ability to let scenes play x amount of times before going to next action

A "Scene" Track in Arrangeview would be great with the ability to link Scenes in Mix and Arrange View together

Track delay with plus or minus milliseconds delay of a track
Best regards
Morten Lind Jakobsen
https://soundcloud.com/mljakobsen

mljakobsen wrote:"Next Action" for Scenes and also the ability to let scenes play x amount of times before going to next action
already there 8)

groups also have 'Next Action' as well...

Click on the little DSP indicator to open the big DSP graph....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

No 1. for me...

Reliability / bug fixing.

I'm a great believer in the importance of addressing technical debt once its been identified, and at present, I seem to keep reading on this forum is

"This doesn't work...".
"My bitwig doesn't open...".
"My project has got itself in a funny state, I can't fix it, and I have no previous backups...".

The above doesn't really inspire any faith. I've like to see some rounds of bug-fix releases...without new features...this would show some prioritisation to reliability.

Return to “Bitwig”