El Capitan

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about fidelity. I just make music.

cry more :hihi:

tooneba wrote:
blouaap wrote: But it is BS, propaganda
pathetic apple fanboy... :neutral:
Let me guess, you smelled a fart once and now you a rimming fetishist? love your logic :lol:
Do you have a blog?
I would love to read some more cerebrally complex logical quips from you. I love your kind of people, they are the best entertainment :hihi:
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about fidelity. I just make music.

I have both platform. I sometimes like to comment on funny people on the internet who obviously look like fanboy and watch them lose their cool. Keep going bro.

tooneba wrote:I have both platform. I sometimes like to comment on funny people on the internet who obviously look like fanboy and watch them lose their cool. Keep going bro.
Woah. That is scary man. You obviously know me better than I know myself. :help:
Reminds me of a South Park episode.
I'll use small words;
I stated how a publicly known thingy works, and it some how makes anyone who knows the thingy a fanboi. :clap: :clap: :clap: :hyper:
I use Mint, Ubuntu (eek unity :cry: ) and Windows btw champ :o

How could developer who are developing software that are physically distributed globally don't know the situation more than you? That's why I am thinking your whole story is comical (including your typical fanboy behavioral pattern throwing dirt at third-party devs based on their own speculation) :hihi:

tooneba wrote:How could developer who are developing software that are physically distributed globally don't know the situation more than you? That's why I am thinking your whole story is comical (including your typical fanboy behavioral pattern throwing dirt at third-party devs based on their own speculation) :hihi:
Because duhr, I'm urr duuhrvalorper too.
Oh wait BWS is the only software company in the world right? Arr darmit, guess I'll find a new day job then. :oops:

OT: BWS doesn't seem to let go. When you start the app again via terminal every time more and more ram gets used and performance in BWS goes a little more south. Leak?

I didn't say they are just developers. Developers of a software company PHYSICALLY distributing globally. It excludes large part of them. In short, people can hardly believe most developers know more about it than bitwig devs.

blouaap wrote:
OT: BWS doesn't seem to let go. When you start the app again via terminal every time more and more ram gets used and performance in BWS goes a little more south. Leak?
Serious question, have you really tested bws for a memory leak? Like concrete proof type tests? That would be a huge problem I'm sure they'd love to hear about.

dplduffy wrote:
blouaap wrote:
Serious question, have you really tested bws for a memory leak? Like concrete proof type tests? That would be a huge problem I'm sure they'd love to hear about.
Well it's a little hard to do without the source.
But, I set up for it...
I restart osx fresh. Only launch BWS and terminal. I then keep an eye on Activity monitor and my RAM's usage. So I open BWS first via Launchpad.
Then open and close it via Terminal.
I load Omnisphere (a heavy plugin) every time and just play a few notes for a little bit, then close BWS.
After a few times Omnisphere struggles it's ass of to either load quickly or play without stuttering.
I can't seem to find the hook processes that "stick" after each launch. Still fiddling around to see if I can find anything useful. :pray:

just installed beta 5 of OSX 10.11.2 and still same problem closing and opening Bitwig. Just to report. Not to complain.

Thanks for the report! Any info is good info.

Igor Amos wrote:just installed beta 5 of OSX 10.11.2 and still same problem closing and opening Bitwig. Just to report. Not to complain.
Sorry to hear that, working just fine for me. Try a fresh reinstall?

restarting the mac might also be helpful, did you try that Igor Amos?

1.3.5 rc1 has a workaround for the one start issue, and bitwig is opening repeatedly for me here on 10.11.1

Return to “Bitwig”