Evolution Banshee Clicking Sounds

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello :)
I'm a new user - Just purchased, downloaded and installed Orange Tree samples (Evolution BanShee).
Very cool! Everything sounds great when I run Kontakt in "Stand Alone" mode.
When I insert a software instrument in Logic Pro X, I hear a clicking sound or a soft pop at the beginning of the sound/note. This seems to happen when more than one key is pressed.
Playing legato notes is the best way to make this happen. I'm triggering the sounds with
a Komplete Kontrol S61. I have already downloaded the samples and reloaded the library
into Kontakt but no changes. I don't have this problem with other samples in Kontakt.
I don't know if this is a Logic Pro X, El Capitan issue or what. I do know that in Stand Alone
mode the issue goes away. Please help. Thanks for your consideration.
My system information:

Logic Pro X 10.2.0
OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
iMac (27-inch, Late 2012
16 GB RAM
2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
Kontakt 5.5.1.451
Komplete Kontrol S61

How does your audio buffer size setting compare between the standalone Kontakt application and Logic Pro X? Does raising the setting in Logic Pro help?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Yes. Absolutely. My buffer size in Logic X Audio Preferences was set to 32 samples.
Kontakt was set to 512 samples. I have tested down to 128 sample size and it sounds great.
I think that around 64 samples it starts to degrade again. I really appreciate the help.
Awesome product and support! :)

Ahh, yeah 32 samples is really low! I usually have mine set to 256 samples. If the latency is too much I can usually get it down to 128 samples, but it depends on how many instruments and effects are going on at once.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”