AppCrash message when I activate Bitwig's audio engine

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every time I activate or deactivate Bitwig's audio engine, I get an AppCrash message (below). I started getting these messages during the 1.2 beta phase. I usually click "Close the program" and the message goes away without affecting Bitwig. Does anybody else get these messages or know how to fix this problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey,

I get that message too. Sometimes I also get a Message with "VST Host stopped working" or something like that. I would also like to know what is causing this.

Greetings

Have you guys sent this to support?

bronko83 wrote: I get that message too.
I already reported this to Bitwig but I think I solved the problem. I did the following:
1) I right clicked on Bitwig Studio.exe (located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitwig Studio), selected Run As Administrator, then entered my Admin password.
2) When Bitwig's GUI appeared, another AppCrash message popped up.
3) I selected "Close the program" on the AppCrash message.
4) I closed Bitwig then started it normally by double clicking the shortcut on my desktop.
5) I tested it by deactivating/activating the audio engine several times and I haven't gotten the message again.

I run Bitwig in a Standard Windows 7 account so that seems to be part of the problem. Hopefully this is a permanent fix because those AppCrash messages were really annoying.

Return to “Bitwig”